Golightly

13 June 2022 | Ste. Anne. Martinique.
10 August 2021 | Le marin
03 August 2021 | Le Marin. Martinique.
21 July 2021
15 July 2021
29 November 2019 | Carriacou
14 October 2019 | Carriacou
31 March 2019 | Martinique
15 November 2018 | Carriacou
09 June 2018 | Marigot, St. Lucia.
01 March 2018 | Martinique.
04 December 2017
21 September 2017 | Tyrell Bay. Mangroves.
18 June 2017 | Bequia
06 January 2017 | Le Marin.
19 November 2016
26 October 2016
22 June 2016
25 February 2016

Grenada

19 August 2013
I headed off, out of Tyrrel Bay, Carriacou, in the company of Out of Africa, Sealacious and Moon Rebel. We rounded the corner, heading S'ly and made our way into the tiny anchorage at Saline Island. Very tight but quite cool. We did some snorkeling and then I trolled around in the dinghy, catching Yellowtail Snapper and a Jack. We had a bbq aboard Out of Africa that night. The next morning we were off to Rhonda Island and anchored just off the reef. Great snorkeling and with a conch that Bob dived, Janice, on Sealacious made conch fritters. Yum!
The next day we sailing down to St. George's in Grenada. I motor sailed most of the way, hoping to catch a decent fish. And I got skunked! Again! The averages are going down on Golightly.
Daniel, my youngest son was flying out from Australia to join me for four weeks and I was to pick him up there. He flew out Thursday evening, our time, and only arrived in Grenada on Monday evening. Poor bugger! His flight was cancelled in Barbados and stayed there for one and a half days.
Luckily, we got to see the last day of Carnival in Grenada. Lots of fun, color and gyrating people. All very entertaining. We filled up with water, went to the supermarket etc on Wednesday and then headed back up to Rhonda on Thursday morning. The wind was on the nose! Again! In Rhonda, Daniel and I went fishing in the dinghy and he caught a very nice Horse eyed Jack. Dinner! The anchorage, with that swell, was one of the most rolly I'd ever been in. No sleep!
The next morning we sailed up to Tyrrel Bay, Carriacou. We've had a great week end here, catching up with Richard and Lavinia, on Partners, and going to Miss Lucky's for her Saturday night BBQ. Yesterday, Sunday, we headed up north to Tobago Cays. We anchored shallow and quite close to the turtle protection area. We dived there and saw a lot of turtles. Daniel managed to swim with them and get pulled along by the bigger ones.
We then went to the outer reef where we saw loads of lobsters, sharks, different rays and many fish species. It was one of the nicest snorkeling sessions I've had here in the Caribbean. When we awoke the weather had turned and I decided that we should head back. The plan was to head to Petite Martinique, where we were going to load up with bulk rum. But that was not to be. We had a great sail back to Tyrrel Bay and will clear out of here tomorrow, heading across to Tobago proper. On the way here, this afternoon, Daniel caught a good size barracuda and then filleted it. It's day is only going to get worse. I say this as I light the BBQ.
Comments
Vessel Name: Golightly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 350
Hailing Port: London

Les on Golightly.

Port: London