Golightly

13 June 2022 | Ste. Anne. Martinique.
10 August 2021 | Le marin
03 August 2021 | Le Marin. Martinique.
21 July 2021
15 July 2021
29 November 2019 | Carriacou
14 October 2019 | Carriacou
31 March 2019 | Martinique
15 November 2018 | Carriacou
09 June 2018 | Marigot, St. Lucia.
01 March 2018 | Martinique.
04 December 2017
21 September 2017 | Tyrell Bay. Mangroves.
18 June 2017 | Bequia
06 January 2017 | Le Marin.
19 November 2016
26 October 2016
22 June 2016
25 February 2016

Antigua, still here.

17 April 2015
Once again I've been notoriously slack about updating my blog. Just been lazy and enjoying Antigua. I've now been here close to four months! I think that's a record for me.
This island is one of the nicest I've been to in my travels. There are many anchorages to explore. All beautiful with their own charm. We have covered the west coast extensively, staying at Dickinson Bay, Deep Bay, Hermitage Bay and Jolly Harbour too. I was fortunate to have a couple of friends join me out here for a week around New Year. A great time was had by all. I've also been around the SW corner and up to Nonsuch Bay and Ricketts, Green Island. Here there are free mooring balls to tie up to. Nonsuch draws the kite boarding crowd as it's calm with a good breeze. I've been up around the northern side and down the Boone channel, into Parham Sound and moored in the lee of Great Bird Island.
But to me, the peach is, drum roll..... Carlisle Bay!
Winner winner fish dinner!
It's a beautiful bay with a resort centered in the middle. It's a resort that doesn't impose upon the environment. The palm trees along the beach are very cool. There is space on either side of the resort for locals or other visitors to come and enjoy the bay. The local kids play soccer and cricket on the beach in the evenings. They fish and it seems to be a very happy place.
The fishing has been great here. Big fish in the evenings on live bait. Lots of fun and great meals.
The staff at the Carlisle Bay Resort are some of the best I've ever seen. Welcoming and attentive. I'm anchored close to the beach so I pick up free wifi here. Gold! But even better than that. They give us free water, in my Jerry cans and free ice. Therefore my rum and coke is now ice cold. What a nice crowd. A compliment to the management too.
Tomorrow we, Desperado and myself are off to Falmouth Harbour where the Classic races are taking place. It should be fun.
Comments
Vessel Name: Golightly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 350
Hailing Port: London

Les on Golightly.

Port: London