Gone surfing... svFreedom

24 December 2011 | San Pedro, CA
10 September 2011 | San Pedro, CA
02 September 2011 | Little Harbor
24 August 2011 | Southern California
31 July 2011 | Morro Bay, Ca.
01 July 2011 | Hanalei Bay, Kauai
27 June 2011 | Waikiki Beach
20 June 2011 | Lono Harbor
11 June 2011 | Maui!!!
19 May 2011 | Hilo Bay, Big Island Hawaii
23 December 2010 | Hilo, Hawaii
11 November 2010 | arrived in Hilo, the Big Island
18 September 2010 | Bora Bora
02 September 2010 | French Poly
15 August 2010 | Society Islands
04 August 2010 | Society Islands
27 July 2010 | Papeete
15 July 2010 | Tuomotu Archipeligo
05 June 2010 | Nuka Hiva
12 May 2010 | Fatu Hiva, Marquesas

So Cal Island Hopping

21 November 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
We set off for Catalina and arrived in Emerald Bay just after sunset. We spent the night in this beautiful bay with one other boat at anchor, and set off for the backside of Catalina the next day. There we were the only boat in the anchorage of Little Harbor, and we loved it. We had the whole place to ourselves. We hiked the hills and found the buffalo, beach-combed, rested, snorkel'd, archary'd, ate well and just enjoyed this new beginning.

When the boyscout crew invaded, we knew it was time to head South, and we did to the south of San Clemente Island. We searched for waves on the tip of Pyramid Bay, but found none so we went in anchored in the most pristine, clear waters at 25ft depth. We could perfectly see the anchor laying in the sand and everything around it. Kelita kayaked while I tried to surf a few waves on the reef the following day, then set off for the Coronado Islands 60 miles south.

Approaching the islands, we were greeted by pods of dolphins as they circled the boat and swam with our bow. Outside the anchorage, we landed a small Bonita which grilled up two perfect fish steaks for dinner. We only stayed overnight, as there was little protection from the prevailing wind. We set off early in fog and did our best to avoid the other commercial boats at anchor and fishing vessels.

Our final island stop was Todos Santos, home of the legendary big wave called 'Killers'. Unfortunately, or fortunately, there was little swell running, and we anchored between the islands in sight of the waves, which looked cold & uninviting. Again on our approach, we landed another Bonita, this time a monster in the 5-7lb range, which we used for fish steaks, fish soup & civeche, mmm... After another day of rest & boat projects at anchor, I knew it was time to get going as Kelita kept referring to Ensenada as Cilantro-ville. we'd long since ran out of fresh greens, and it was time to officially check-in to Mexico and restock the boat for our run to Cabo. More fun coming!
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Make/Model: Downeast 38
Hailing Port: San Pedro, California
Crew: Robert & Kelita

Who: Robert & Kelita
Port: San Pedro, California