Heading for the Sun

18 September 2016 | Bangor Co. Down Northern Ireland
15 September 2016 | Albert Dock Liverpool
14 September 2016 | Liverpool
14 September 2016 | Douglas Isle of Man
07 September 2016 | Port St Mary Isle of Man
04 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
01 September 2016 | Holyhead
30 August 2016 | Isle of Man
29 August 2016 | Isle of Man
29 August 2016 | Isle of Man
28 August 2016 | Isle of Man
22 August 2016 | Peel, Isle of Man
17 August 2016 | Gigha
16 August 2016
16 August 2016
15 August 2016
14 August 2016 | Portpatrick Scotland

Family Reunion

15 August 2016


On Monday we left Portpatrick at 0845 and it was a beautiful and sunny morning with no wind in the harbour.
We motored for an hour as the wind gradually built from the SE.
We then had a great sail to Glenarm with a freshening wind and flat seas.
As we neared Glenarm Marina we saw about 8 other yachts heading up from Bangor direction and we got in just in front of them in a SE 5/6.
We managed to reverse into an inside berth with the assistance of the harbour master and the crew of another yacht.
It was really warm and sunny.

The other yachts all started arriving in and it ended up that I knew someone on each yacht.
So much for sneaking back into Northern Ireland for a few days.
The yachts were all from Cockle Island Boat Club and it was their annual race to Glenarm.
I chatted for a while with various people and even got signed up to do a talk sometime over the winter.

We then got Granuaile washed and tidied up before our son Mathew and his girlfriend arrived.
We caught up sitting in the cockpit in glorious sun before he drove us to our other sons house for a bar b q.
When we arrived all of Eilish's family were there as her sister and son are over on holidays and had been staying at her brothers house along with her mum and partner.
It was brilliant to catch up with everyone and didnt seem like nearly 2 years since we had seen them.
The best bit of course was seeing our new grandson who is nearly 2.
He was great fun and not at all shy but annoyed granny Eilish immensely by not wanting to go to her but by taking me by the hand and taking me across the road to see the moo cows.
We had a great evening and spent our first night off Granuaile in 20 months and sleeping in a real bed which was strange.

Comments
Vessel Name: Yacht Granuaile
Vessel Make/Model: Wylo II Home built
Hailing Port: Bangor Northern Ireland
Crew: Richard and Eilish

Who: Richard and Eilish
Port: Bangor Northern Ireland