Heading for the Sun

18 September 2016 | Bangor Co. Down Northern Ireland
15 September 2016 | Albert Dock Liverpool
14 September 2016 | Liverpool
14 September 2016 | Douglas Isle of Man
07 September 2016 | Port St Mary Isle of Man
04 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
03 September 2016 | Holyhead
01 September 2016 | Holyhead
30 August 2016 | Isle of Man
29 August 2016 | Isle of Man
29 August 2016 | Isle of Man
28 August 2016 | Isle of Man
22 August 2016 | Peel, Isle of Man
17 August 2016 | Gigha
16 August 2016
16 August 2016
15 August 2016
14 August 2016 | Portpatrick Scotland

Heading FROM The Sun!!

18 September 2016 | Bangor Co. Down Northern Ireland


We left Peel at 1100 once the flap gate dropped and the harbour master Mike opened the swing bridge for us.
It was a lovely sunny morning and we had a great sail towards Donaghadee in a south westerly force 4 gusting 5.
We were going great at between 6 and 7 knots with a bit of tide helping us.
As the day went on it got cloudy and then the drizzle started.
As we got within 5 miles of Donaghadee the wind suddenly went to the west and dropped so we started the engine and motored in the drizzle and rain with the visibility down to only a few miles.

It was just like the day I had left on the 12th July 2014.

We motored through the Donaghadee sound with the last of the tide and then on up to Bangor.
As we entered Bangor harbour the rain had stopped and the sun made a brief appearance and my mum and dad were waving from the harbour wall.
We motored round to my old berth in the marina which Mo had kindly vacated for me and were helped to tie up by Tim.
We had a brief catch up and then my mum and dad came aboard for a chat.
We then spent a few hours on the phone talking to friends and relatives.

We had very mixed emotions about being home.
It was great to catch up with everyone but we still wish we were still out in the Caribbean.

We will spend the next few days onboard and catching up with friends and relatives in Bangor before going home to our house and tackling 2 years of grass cutting!!

We are home for at least a year but who knows where we will go next there are still so much to see and do.

Thanks to everyone who has read this blog and I hoped I have managed to entertain you with our travels.
Comments
Vessel Name: Yacht Granuaile
Vessel Make/Model: Wylo II Home built
Hailing Port: Bangor Northern Ireland
Crew: Richard and Eilish

Who: Richard and Eilish
Port: Bangor Northern Ireland