graynorth

16 September 2014 | Lac-en-Coeur, Quebec
11 November 2012 | Green Turtle Cay
29 October 2012 | Ottawa
09 October 2012 | Ottawa
14 May 2012 | Ottawa, Canada
23 April 2012 | Echo Drive
18 March 2012 | Tahiti Beach, Elbow Cay
08 March 2012 | Hopetown Harbour
04 March 2012 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2012 | Tahiti Beach, Elbow Cay
08 January 2012 | Abacos Bahamas
27 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
26 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
22 December 2011 | Elbow Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
19 December 2011 | Marsh Harbour
17 December 2011 | Marsh Harbour
14 December 2011 | Hopetown Harbour
13 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas
04 December 2011 | Abacos Bahamas
02 December 2011 | Hopetown on Elbow Cay, Bahamas

back hiding from the wind

13 March 2010 | Green Turtle Cay
windy and LOTS of rain..
Well, we sailed/motored north from Marsh Harbour, around the "whale" with 6 -9 foot rollers from the Atlantic, and back inside the Sea of Abaco and north to Black Sound where we picked up a secure mooring, a short dinghy ride from New Plymonth.

The north winds have been blowing 25+ knots and for the first time ever, it pounded down with rain for hours and hours over the past three days. Thankfully we are completely dry having repaired a couple of leaky hatches last week.

After rinsing the boat of all the saltwater film taken on our voyage north, we filled all of our water tanks with lovely clean rainwater and I needed to empty the dinghy three times due to the massive amount of rain.n I'm surprised it didn't sink with the 8" of water throughout!

We'll sit tight until the winds calm down and sail north if the wind ever shifts to the east or south.... the forecast is heavy winds from the NW for the next several days, so it's a perfect excuse to relax and search for lobsters. I was luck to find one yesterday, but unsuccessful in catching the brute. They seem to like narrow, deep caves sometimes 6' deep and even when you can hit them with the spear, they manage to retreat into the darkness...

We enjoyed a lovely gathering of friends who visited for Louise's now famous freshly made pina colada and a freshly baked coconut cream pie and we're sharing books and movies to help pass away the hours.

A trip into town allowed us to find some lovely baby spinach (a very rare treat) and revisit some of the local artisans where Louise found some lovely Andros-made place mats in vivid batiq colours with marine patterns.

I managed to destroy a second dinghy prop, so I'm fortunate to have had another emergency spare..... it might be time to start looking for another dinghy....

Beautiful beaches, great food, barefoot and relaxed, good friends and a great boat..... life is grand!

Keep well...

glen
Comments
Vessel Name: Graynorth
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 473
Hailing Port: Green Turtle Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
Crew: Louise Simonson
About: My best friend, lover and wife!