Great Habit's Caribbean Tour 2011-2012

15 July 2012 | Southern Gate, Stanley Bridge PEI
27 April 2012 | Antigua Airport
24 April 2012 | Jolly Harbor Marina & Tranquillity Bay Resort
23 April 2012 | Jolly Harbor Marina
18 April 2012 | Jolly Harbor Marina
15 April 2012 | Great Bird Island, Antigua
06 April 2012 | Jolly Harbor
06 April 2012 | Aboard Great Habit in Jolly Harbor
06 April 2012 | Antigua Airport
04 April 2012 | Jolly Harbor
29 March 2012 | Jolly Harbour
29 March 2012 | Jolly Harbor
28 March 2012 | Jolly Harbour
25 March 2012 | Dehaises, Guadaloupe
22 March 2012 | Dominica
22 March 2012 | Portsmith, Dominica
20 March 2012 | Roseau, Dominica
18 March 2012 | Roseau, Dominica
17 March 2012 | St Pierre, Martinique

Brenda is on her way to join us

04 April 2012 | Jolly Harbor
Cheryl
Can you see the two blue fish in the picture that Chick took underwater today?

Happy Birthday Martha!!

For people who have not moved their boat in over a week we sure have been busy!! But we are all organized now - hauling and storing the boat was the biggie and finalizing our flights back to Canada. There are all these "ifs" to everything - kinda like chess - if we make this move than that will happen and that will mean this will happen and so it goes.

We are all set for Brenda to arrive tomorrow. She left PEI today, has an overnight in Toronto and then arrives here around 2:00. We have all been invited to our friends, Ian and Moyra, for dinner tomorrow as they head back to Canada on Friday and we will be on our way home when they come back.

We spent a wonderful day on the water with Ian and Moyra and two lovely daughters of friends of theirs from London on their 43ft. catamaran. We did some snorkeling - turtles (large ones) were the most exciting underwater creature to be seen, but the 2 blue fish in the picture were the most beautiful! Then it was a lovely lunch and home by 3. It was nice to sail on a big cat as we have not done so before and it was quite lovely to be guests on board and pampered by our hosts and to not have any of the responsibility making sure we did not hit a reef, etc. Ian, with the help of Mo, knew exactly what he was doing.

Our plan is to leave Jolly Harbor on Friday and do some short sails around Antigua. There are some very lovely places to anchor and snorkel and we plan to see a number of them. These are day sails of only a few hours so it will be very relaxing for everyone. This kind of sailing is referred to as "gunk-holing". Not sure why. After Brenda leaves we are back to Jolly Harbor to start packing up and dismantling the boat.

Chick and I wish our family and friends a Happy Easter. Enjoy your long weekend everyone! We have been shaking our heads when Easter is mentioned as it does not seem like that time of the year one bit!! But, I have a small turkey on board and unless it is desperately hot I plan to cook it Easter Sunday so that might help.

Thanks to everyone for you kind words after hearing we are sellin Great Habit - it was lovely to get them and we are glad to have been able to share our time aboard her this year with you all.
Comments
Vessel Name: Great Habit
Vessel Make/Model: Great Habit is a CS 40; a Canadian boat built in 1990
Hailing Port: Summerside, PEI Canada
Crew: Chick Silliphant and Cheryl Picard
About:
Chick and Cheryl have been sailing since 1993. They bought their first boat, "Phantom", which they sailed on the Ottawa River for 10 years. In 2004, they purchased "Great Habit" with the sole purpose of sailing the Windward and Leeward Islands as far as Trinidad. [...]
Extra: "Great Habit" is registered in Ottawa. For many years she was a teaching boat on the Great Lakes. Cheryl and Chick have been fortunate to meet many of her students as they sailed the St.Lawrence and then the Maritimes.

Who: Chick Silliphant and Cheryl Picard
Port: Summerside, PEI Canada