Jolly Mon Sings

31 December 2012
31 December 2012 | N FT Myers, FL
04 June 2012 | N Ft. Myers, FL
18 May 2012 | Marathon, FL
13 May 2012 | Little Matecoumbe Bight
08 May 2012 | Key Biscayne
05 May 2012
25 April 2012
17 April 2012
13 April 2012
08 April 2012 | Exuma Land and Sea Park
06 April 2012 | Waderick Wells Cay
31 March 2012
25 March 2012
23 March 2012
21 March 2012
13 March 2012 | Spanish Wells
07 March 2012

Rocks? We don't need no stinking ROCKS!

06 January 2011 | Myrtle Beach, SC
Greg
With great trepedation we left the dock this morning, headed for Myrtle Beach. Shortly after we left our marina, we were to enter the most feared, and negatively lauded section of the ICW. The "Rock Pile" as it is known is a five mile section promising crushing catastrophy to those who stray off the path and have the misfortune of landing on one of the many submerged rocks in this section. We eased off on the throttle and split our gaze between the chart display and the depth meter. Cigarettes and coffee kept the intrepid crew going at a whopping five knots. Thud and crunch kept invading the skipper's thoughts as every sound and change in a wisp of wind turned white knuckles into alabaster. And then...and then...and then... it was over(!?) No thud, no crunch, just a smooth and steady passage through a cavern of nautical lore. Don't get me wrong. The Rock Pile is not to be taken lightly. We were just glad to continue on our fridged, but merry way at a blazing six knots. Snug and sound at a slip in Osprey Marina, we are hunkering down, waiting for the winds to pick up tomorrow. There is also a rumor of snow in next weeks forecast (rats!). Soon, and we hope VERY soon the warm weather will find us and the dream will become just that much more sweet.
Comments
Vessel Name: Jolly Mon
Vessel Make/Model: Islander Freeport 41
Hailing Port: Oak Orchard, NY
Crew: Greg and Anna Feller
About: We have been planning this adventure for over ten years.
Extra: Newton is part of our crew too!

Who: Greg and Anna Feller
Port: Oak Orchard, NY