High Stepper Cruising

05 December 2011
04 December 2011
22 November 2011 | Albemarle Plantation
01 May 2011 | Albemarle Plantation, Hertford, NC
20 April 2011 | Carolina Beach, NC
17 April 2011 | Charleston, sc
11 April 2011 | Daytona Beach, FL
10 April 2011 | Melbourne, FL
06 April 2011 | Vero Beach, FL
31 March 2011 | Vero Beach, FL
26 March 2011 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, FL
24 March 2011 | Boot Key Harbor, FL
18 March 2011 | Crandon Park Marina, Key Biscayne
15 March 2011 | New Providence Island
12 March 2011 | Staniel Cay
06 March 2011 | Pipe Creek
02 March 2011 | Staniel Cay
25 February 2011 | Rocky Point
24 February 2011 | Flamingo Cay, Jumentos
20 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay, Jumentos

Hunting Fronds

20 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay, Jumentos
Doug and Connie
2/20 - Well, the bridle didn't work too well. The rolling was about the same and we ended up sailing over the bridle so that it was under the boat and not effective. This morning the swell has eased and we decided to stay here another day. Connie de-frosted the refrigerator while Doug went over to visit with Don and Ann on Next Exit. This afternoon Connie drove the dinghy while Doug dove for lobsters, but found none.

2/19 - This morning Connie washed clothes, and then we pulled up the anchor and headed north to Raccoon Cay. Connie has run out of fronds for basket weaving and none were to be found on Hog Cay. We were able to sail about 2/3 of the way to the anchorage. After we got hooked up, Connie made fresh bread. The anchorage was a little rolly so we experimented with a bridle on the anchor rode to hold the stern of the boat closer to the swell.

2/18 - Wow! What a different concept. We were invited over to Windswept IV for breakfast this morning. Heather had made English muffins and her version of McDonalds egg and sausage breakfast which included the original Canadian Bacon and they were wonderful. Tonight there was a full moon pot luck on the beach. Unfortunately the clouds covered a lot of the moon and there were a few drops of rain, but it was quite fun. There has been a commercial fishing boat in the anchorage this week because it has been too windy for them to fish. Tonight they brought in fish and cooked them for the cruisers.

2/17 - It was still windy so we went for another beach walk today. It might seem like a boring life, but there is always something to find and new people to meet.

2/16 - Another windy day in the Hog Cay anchorage. We spent the morning on minor chores and then went for a long walk on the beach in the afternoon. This evening we went to Windswept IV for sundowners along with Fred and Kathy from Scotch Mist.
Comments
Vessel Name: High Stepper
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 44DS
Hailing Port: Hertford, NC
Crew: Doug & Connie Merrill
About: Have cruised the Bahamas and the east coast for five years.
Home Page: http://sailblogs.com/member/highstepper

Who: Doug & Connie Merrill
Port: Hertford, NC