Hukilau Sails the Sound

Disposessed!

11 July 2011
The weather this weekend was fabulous. With Dan in California, Patti and I decide to go sailing on Sunday, July 10. Lily was supposed to come along, but decide to hang at the beach and pool at Grandma's with Christy and Katy.

After dropping off the girls, Patti and I went to the boat. Tre Scooch was coming back to the dock as we were preparing to leave, and they told us that there was no wind out there. As we motored out, it seemed that there wasn't much wind, so we decided to just pick up a mooring. We picked up a mooring marked "Private" right next to Green Rocks and sacked out. We put the ladder over the side and went swimming. The water was perfect, not too cold, very refreshing. After that, it was a beer and chips and pure relaxing.

Patti fell asleep, and we just chilled for about an hour until a powerboat came up to us and said that we were on his mooring. We quickly moved to the same mooring that we had used the week before with Lily. It was a bit more difficult to pick up this time; Patti tried and couldn't reach, and then I missed from aft, but eventually, we hooked up fine. Another hour of boat watching, reading and relaxing before we headed back. The water on the dock was working again, so I scrubbed the deck and engine before we left.

A great day on the water, even if there was no sailing involved.
Comments
Vessel Name: Hukilau
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 28
Hailing Port: Branford, Conn.