IATO

25 January 2010 | Fort Pierce FL
26 April 2009 | Leeward Islands
11 April 2009 | St Barts
11 April 2009 | St. Barts
14 March 2009 | leeward Islands
12 March 2009 | Leeward Islands
07 February 2009 | St Thomas
20 January 2009 | St. Thomas USVI
06 January 2009 | Luperon
11 December 2008 | Luperon
24 November 2008 | In the Exumas Bahamas
15 October 2008 | Near Jeckyl Island
06 September 2008 | NYC, Long Island, CT and MA
18 May 2008 | Cape Canaveral Florida
17 April 2008 | Durban and Cape Town
13 February 2008 | West Palm Beach, Florida
25 November 2007 | Grand Bahamas Island
20 November 2007 | Grand bahamas Island
20 November 2007 | West Palm Beach, FL

Side Trip to South Africa

17 April 2008 | Durban and Cape Town
Rick
After a long stay in the West Palm Beach area fixing the boat up, Linda and I flew to South Africa. Our Daughter-in-law Cindy's sister was getting married in Durban SA and we rated an invitation. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to see SA so off we went on a 35 hour trip.

Linda and I stopped for 4 days in Cape Town. We spent our 30th anniversary in the wine country at a B & B in the town of Parl about 30 miles out side Cape Town. We absolutely loved Cape Town and the surrounding area. Cape Town is a beautiful vibrant city nestled by mountains on 3 sides and the ocean to the South. Linda and I spent three days touring Cape Town. 1 day at the water front in Cape Town with a late afternoon trip up to Table Mountain which overlooks the city. 2nd day taking the long drive and tour around the cape peninsula to the southern most point, Cape of Good Hope. We saw baboons, ostridge and penguins on that trip. Yes, that's the African penguins. Linda and I loved seeing sever hundred of them up close on the beach. On day 3 we went on a tour of the wine country. This day was out anniversary so we stopped at a beautiful winery and ate lunch out under the trees. It was quite nice.

Next was a 3 hour flight to Durban. We traveled around quite a bit for a couple of days before the wedding. We went to a game reserve about 3 hours north of Durban for a camera safari. We really enjoyed the trip. We saw giraffe, wilder beast, wart hogs, water buffalo and last but not lease a mother elephant with three young ones. The day after the wedding we went on an eco tour through the canopy of the jungle. We were about 150 feet off the ground zipping through the air sometimes at about 30 miles per hour. Linda did great. I was proud of her getting over some very strong fears to do this.

What an opportunity to be a part of a Hindu wedding. It is so much more involved then anything we are use to. The days leading up to the wedding are full of ritual. What a beautiful wedding, what a beautiful bride. Make sure you look at the pictures to see a few of the wedding photos. I couldn't believe it, but the bride and groom and the brides mother got up the morning after the wedding and went on the zip line tour. Linda and I will be forever indebted to our daughter-in-laws family. Her mom Yano and father George were great hosts and spent a lot of time showing us around even through they were in the middle of a wedding week.

Back to the boat and more adventures.
\


Comments
Vessel Name: IATO
Vessel Make/Model: 40' Manta Catamaran
Hailing Port: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Crew: Rick and Linda Wilson
About: We recently retired and are setting out to fulfill our dreams. We hope to cruise to new places and new worlds.

Who: Rick and Linda Wilson
Port: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida