IATO

25 January 2010 | Fort Pierce FL
26 April 2009 | Leeward Islands
11 April 2009 | St Barts
11 April 2009 | St. Barts
14 March 2009 | leeward Islands
12 March 2009 | Leeward Islands
07 February 2009 | St Thomas
20 January 2009 | St. Thomas USVI
06 January 2009 | Luperon
11 December 2008 | Luperon
24 November 2008 | In the Exumas Bahamas
15 October 2008 | Near Jeckyl Island
06 September 2008 | NYC, Long Island, CT and MA
18 May 2008 | Cape Canaveral Florida
17 April 2008 | Durban and Cape Town
13 February 2008 | West Palm Beach, Florida
25 November 2007 | Grand Bahamas Island
20 November 2007 | Grand bahamas Island
20 November 2007 | West Palm Beach, FL

On our way North

18 May 2008 | Cape Canaveral Florida
I don't know who said it, "nothing ever works out like it was planned", you know that "Murphy" guy. We had all sorts of plans for this past winter and we accomplished almost none of them. Between fixing the boat several times, family stuff and a wonderful trip to South Africa the boat spent all winter in South Florida. We did get out to the upper keys for about 3 weeks; we enjoyed Las Olas area of Fort Lauderdale, Boca Lake and Peanut Island. We got lots of family time with our boys and Linda's family. We also say our good friend Rick Price and his lovely lady Maria several times. Maria and I learned how dangerous top shelf margaritas are.

One of our high lights was the visit from Linda's friend Amy and her son Alex. Yes, that is the picture on this blog. They stayed for a week and we sailed from Miami to Key Largo. It was a great time and very relaxing. I think Alex enjoyed the sailing and dingy driving. Oh yes, Alex and Amy were real troopers. On the first night of their visit we rode out a horrible storm all night. We lost the dingy twice and found it the next morning up against the rocks along the shore.

Linda was thrilled to reconnect with her long lost cousins family. The Brodie family (Barbara, David, Matthew, Cheyenne, and Marissa) What a treat and Linda got lots of information for the family tree.

Even though we enjoyed the time with friends and family we both are more then ready to move on. Our sights are set for the north east again this summer. Because we had such a good time last year the places along the way are begging for a return visit. We will meet my sisters in Cape Cod sometime in August; spend a couple of weeks in Manhattan, and many places in between.

We left West palm on the 15th of May and we are currently near Cape Canaveral. On Tuesday we will go on the out side till we reach St. Simons Georgia. Hopefully now that we are on the move I will be better at up dating the blog.
Comments
Vessel Name: IATO
Vessel Make/Model: 40' Manta Catamaran
Hailing Port: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Crew: Rick and Linda Wilson
About: We recently retired and are setting out to fulfill our dreams. We hope to cruise to new places and new worlds.

Who: Rick and Linda Wilson
Port: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida