Mystery - the Trip Home

Purchase of our boat and the trip home to Canada

Vessel Name: Mystery
Vessel Make/Model: Irwin Citation 34
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB
Crew: Linda and Rik
22 July 2010 | Penobscot Bay somewhere
19 July 2010 | Rockland ME
18 July 2010
17 July 2010 | Belfast ME
14 July 2010 | Belfast ME
10 July 2010 | Bah's Bake House - Castine ME
06 July 2010 | Cuttler to NE Harbour
05 July 2010 | nice day on the water
03 July 2010 | Saint Andrews, NB
02 July 2010 | Fredericton, NB, Canada - Saint John river
23 May 2010 | Fredericton, NB, Canada - Saint John river
Recent Blog Posts

No blog posts yet...

July 16 and 17 2010

17 July 2010 | Belfast ME
Rik - Hot and sunny and loving it!
July 16 and 17 2010

Hot and sunny, cooler, damp and foggy - repeat Ad nauseam. So, we spend a boat day when it is not nice out and sail and swim when it is. Right now we are in Scoops in Belfast ME eating Blueberry Ice Cream and doing email and web stuff. It is 85 F today, sailing was splendid and we are enjoying it to the fullest.

Yesterday - that was a cooler and damp day. I changed the oil and filter, tightened the alternator belt, installed an LED light, and spent some time with new friends Phil and Nikkie from the UK. They are here on their 39 foot cat. They are also friends of Pat and Liz from Falmouth UK who spent time with us in Freddy last summer. The boating world is a wonderfully small one.

We have a strange "problem" with our domestic water. we have two tanks connected (125 gallons total) and we have to sinks. One in the head and one in the galley. The sink in the heads smells like sulfur when we run the tap but the sink in the galley water smells normal. Same source. Suggestions??

Captain Hook is taking over the boat more and more. Whenever we tie up to a dock, he want to get off and explore. Yesterday we were tied up near the Lincoln Ferry terminal on Vinylhaven and of course he jumped ship and explored the dock. He started toward the gang plank up to the shore and so I came up behind him and scuffed my foot on the aluminum gangplank - making quite a noise. Off like a shot past me, across the dock and onto His Boat! What a fun little guy!

Well - it is getting too warm here in Scoops - maybe we'll head next door to Rollies, get a pitcher and sit where it is air conditioned.

Shalom all

Rik
Comments
Mystery's Photos - Main
We adopted / resuced an SPCA cat in March. He is 1.5 years old and is our boat cat.
2 Photos
Created 23 May 2010
These are photos from our preparation and trip from Annapolis MD to Fredericton, NB
54 Photos
Created 25 April 2009

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups