Cruising to Calm

" I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same as 'making a life'." Maya Angelou. This is the story of the Brown family adventure. We have pulled roots in NY and are taking our two kids ages 4 & 1 on a five year cruise. This is our story

23 February 2011 | Vava'u Tonga
07 October 2010
29 August 2010 | Neiafu, Tonga
30 June 2010 | Eauiki Island
01 April 2010 | Tonga
19 March 2010 | Tonga
23 February 2010 | Neiafu, Tonga
12 February 2010 | Tonga
10 February 2010 | Neiafu, Tonga
26 January 2010 | Neiafu, Tonga
20 January 2010
01 January 2010 | Pago pago American Samoa
12 December 2009
27 November 2009 | Suvarrov
02 November 2009 | Palmerston
26 October 2009
23 October 2009 | Nowhere
13 October 2009
26 September 2009

Hmmmm.....

03 March 2008
I think I have it figured out. People that have children want you to have children, because once you do, a little bit of crazy sets in, which makes you better able to relate to them. I have found myself recently with the patience the size of a thumb tack, and wondering what happened to the once laid back (well, kind of,) person that I used to be. Are the new lines on my face really sun damage/age or just parenting??? I
I have been frustrated by my kids lately(one that shall remain nameless, as to remove all future incriminating evidence that will be used against me by his overpaid therapist). I started wondering why I get so annoyed, would I treat or speak to my friends this way??? Hummmm.
Let's take, for the sake of my story, my friend Bronnie. I love her too pieces and it would take A LOT for me to even hesitate not wanting to see her. BUT, I would I have second thoughts if... she yelled at me at 6:00am at the top of her lungs from her cabin....Jenny/O...EAT!!!! at least fifty times, then hover over me while I make something, throw it on the floor and dump out the juice??? would she then defecate on my carpet?? pour the BRAND NEW FRESH milk(which she used a knife to open), into the BRAND NEW five pound bag of sugar, while I was reanchoring, so we could take her to a beach??? would she indiscriminatingly turn on faucets and leave them running, leave bite marks in every piece of new fruit in the basket, color with pen all over the leather couch, then move on to drawing on cushions in the guest room and finish it all off by throwing her stuff all over the boat?? take her glass of wine (because Bron does not use a bottle), and randomly try and spray the couch with it? Hang on me while I'm trying to talk to someone, bite, hit, spit lunch at people across the table, then scream NO and slam her door?? All before noon??? If so, I may even have to ban Bronnie.....or maybe I would wait to see how things panned out for a day.....maybe....but highly doubtful.
People often ask me about cruising with kids..hmmmm...depends...some days are beyond wonderful and some days I feel I have entered Haities and am somehow repenting for my sins and those of all humanity.
I cannot wait for my sister to have kids. I need her on this side of crazy.
Comments
Vessel Name: Independence
Vessel Make/Model: 44 ft St Francis Catamaran
Hailing Port: New York
About: Curtis/Otis, Jenny, Ben (5), Sam (2)
Extra: " I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same as 'making a life'." This is the story of the Brown family adventure. My husband, Otis and I(Jenny) are taking our two children(Ben and Sam) on a sailing adventure.
Home Page: www.sailingindependence.com

The Brown Family

Port: New York