Interlude Travels South

18 November 2012 | Wrghtsville Beach, NC
12 November 2012 | Portsmouth, VA
10 November 2012 | Gloucester Point, VA
15 October 2012 | Gloucester Point, VA
08 October 2012 | Gloucester Point, VA
05 May 2011
04 May 2011 | Isle of Hope, GA
01 May 2011
01 May 2011
01 May 2011
29 April 2011 | St. Augustine, FL
27 April 2011
19 April 2011

Waaa! The shuttle was scrubbed again!

29 April 2011 | St. Augustine, FL
Hi All!

It was a beautiful day today...not too cold, not too hot, no clouds, and lots of sunshine...a perfect day for a shuttle launch. We got up early and checked to see if the shuttle was still a go. It was! So we got a rental car from Enterprise, picked up Richard and Diane/Ava Ryan and away we went. What could go wrong? We got over half-way back to Titusville and I got on the computer to see how things were going with the shuttle and found it was scrubbed...for at least 72 hours! Needless to say, none of us were happy campers!

We stopped at Ponce De Leon inlet (Lighthouse) and had a picnic lunch. Diane made delicious chicken salad sandwiches...the highlight of our shuttle trip!

This has been our 4th time we were in the area for the shuttle launch and didn't see it. Since it is one of the last ones, we were really psyched! Oh well...hopefully we will get another chance.

We had dinner with Richard and Diane at a tapas restaurant in St. Augustine and a walk around town. They were having a folk festival here...music at 6 different venues. One of the venues was the marina...so we got to hear a few songs on our way home from dinner. Love this town!

We are heading to Fernandina Beach tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you and yours! Thanks for stopping by!
Comments
Vessel Name: INTERLUDE
Vessel Make/Model: CATALINA 380
Hailing Port: GLOUCESTER POINT, VIRGINIA
Crew: TOM AND CATHIE

INTERLUDE

Who: TOM AND CATHIE
Port: GLOUCESTER POINT, VIRGINIA