The Great Escape

13 April 2010
12 April 2010
11 April 2010 | Antigua to The Saints
10 April 2010 | Fallmouth Harbour, Antigua
09 April 2010 | Fallmouth Harbour, Antigua
08 April 2010 | Antigua
07 April 2010 | St. Bart's
06 April 2010 | Gustavia Bay
04 April 2010 | St Maarten (Dutch side)
03 April 2010 | Marigot Bay, St. Martin
02 April 2010 | AnPassage
31 March 2010 | Sir Francis Drake Channel
30 March 2010 | BVI's
25 March 2010 | Warm!

Snorkeling & St. Bart's

06 April 2010 | Gustavia Bay
Brenda (Uma Kitty)
Kyle is up with the sun, and starts the coffee... ahh, good!

A quick check of the weather and not much else with the computer because the wifi connection (which Kyle paid for) is on vacation.
Kyle runs to the the Port to check us out, and I tidy up and start blogging.

We make our way out of Simpson Bay via the bridge that has to raise for the departing boats, and we are on our way to Ile Fourchue for a half way point and a snorkel stop.

We are sailing, with St. Maartin to our port side, Kyle has both the main and the genoa sail up. We have ENE winds and an average of 15+ knots. Great conditions for our southern sail to St Barts.
I don't mention enough... the feeling of sailing... it's exciting, exhilarating, and oh soooo freeing. The ahh & beauty of the beautiful blue water and island views in 3 directions today.
This is what I cooked breakfast in today, listening to music and feeling the smile on my face with every awesome movement of the boat. ...can you say 'yeee hahhh'

We arrive at our snorkeling spot and grab a mooring ball. Within minutes we are in the water and heading toward the north side of the bay. The water was nice, but not much of a reef. We saw some cool schools of fish along the rocks and had a nice exploration. Back to the boat, snacks of cheese, crackers & salmon - then back out to sea....

We arrive at St Bart's, Gustavia Bay, busy bay for such a small island. On our way in we pass at least 6 mega yachts - one was the biggest I've seen yet - 370 feet long and 5 decks, someone looks like they are doing ok in these times...

A nice treat, we have wifi, so Kyle checks on his peeps, we shower and now we are about to head in and enjoy some sushi & sake for dinner :)
Our last visit to St. Bart's we found a great sushi restaurant, and we are excited for our return visit!!

So Cheers & XOXO - K2 (Kitty 2) & CK

Comments
Vessel Name: In the Wind
Vessel Make/Model: Robertson & Caine Leopard 40
Hailing Port: Walla Walla, WA
Crew: Kyle
About:
It all started many years ago, the freedom of being In the Wind, whether on a Harley, flying a plane or sailing the great blue seas. So my friends, here is the story of Kyle travels In the Wind. [...]

Who: Kyle
Port: Walla Walla, WA