The Great Escape

13 April 2010
12 April 2010
11 April 2010 | Antigua to The Saints
10 April 2010 | Fallmouth Harbour, Antigua
09 April 2010 | Fallmouth Harbour, Antigua
08 April 2010 | Antigua
07 April 2010 | St. Bart's
06 April 2010 | Gustavia Bay
04 April 2010 | St Maarten (Dutch side)
03 April 2010 | Marigot Bay, St. Martin
02 April 2010 | AnPassage
31 March 2010 | Sir Francis Drake Channel
30 March 2010 | BVI's
25 March 2010 | Warm!

Catching up

30 March 2010 | BVI's
Kyle
3-28

Put Brenda, Sami and Huston in a taxi to the airport, it's 6 AM!

Settled up the bill at Crown Bay Marina, tossed the lines before the wind got crazy - weather report - Frickin Awesome, except the wind and seas are against me for the first hour!

Motor sailed up to Francis Bay- grab a ball - Ahhhh - lunch and and finished a book - snorkeled in the bay - NCIS won't play on my laptop - UGH - so, started The Unit - YEAH - cook up some pork chops - lights out

3-29
Jimmy Dean Sausage and Salsa Scrambled Eggs - started a new book, pretty much read all day and chilled - grilled a beautiful fillet for dinner -took a swim in the afternoon and never left the boat - true R&R!

3-30

Up early, weather sucks, still the same, sun is shining, wind is perfect, seas are mild. Drop the ball and sail to Cane Garden Bay, grab a ball and do some boat cleaning. dinghy to town and grab a couple things - got spotty internet but get some messages out and check email.


CGB starts to get crowded, so I drop the ball and sail out the channel. Doing 7 knots on a 12 knots beam reach, smoking across the water until I reach Sopers Hole, quick tack, furl the genoa, fire the motors through the Great Thatch and Little Thatch. Motors off, genoa out as I sail to St. John, tack, back to Tortola to Frenchman's Cay, tack, to Mennebeck Bay, tack, and I am heading to Road Harbour, but half way their I decide to go to somewhere I haven't been, so, tack again and I am heading to Coral Harbour, St. John. Furl the genoa, drop the main, motors on and head into the harbour. OK, everything that I have read and looking at the charts I think this place should be kewl, right - NOT! Rust buckets everywhere and not even a dinghy dock, REVERSE!

So, I motor the short distance to Norman Island and back to The Bight, grab a ball and take a nice snorkel along the shore. A quick shower and then to Pirates for a great dinner of BBQ Ribs - Life is good!
Comments
Vessel Name: In the Wind
Vessel Make/Model: Robertson & Caine Leopard 40
Hailing Port: Walla Walla, WA
Crew: Kyle
About:
It all started many years ago, the freedom of being In the Wind, whether on a Harley, flying a plane or sailing the great blue seas. So my friends, here is the story of Kyle travels In the Wind. [...]

Who: Kyle
Port: Walla Walla, WA