Changing Pace

Join us as we leave the safety of our "normal" life and head south on a new adventure.

04 January 2015 | Marathon Florida
23 February 2014 | Marathon Florida
25 December 2013 | Marathon Florida
30 November 2013 | Marathon Florida
28 November 2013 | Marathon Florida
15 October 2013 | Marathon City Park
05 October 2013 | Key Largo Florida
15 September 2013 | Marathon Fl
19 August 2013 | Marathon Fl
17 August 2013 | Marathon Fl
12 August 2013 | Marathon Fl
26 July 2013 | Marathon Fl
30 June 2013 | Marathon Fl
27 June 2013 | Marathon Fl
15 June 2013 | Crane Point, Marathon Florida
03 June 2013 | Marathon Fl
28 May 2013 | Marathon Fl
27 May 2013 | Marathon Fl
17 May 2013 | Marathon Florida
14 May 2013 | Marathon Fl

Houseless NOT Homeless

03 February 2012 | Marathon, FL
drizzle/warm
We're back on the boat after being in Michigan for two weeks. We managed to empty the house by storing the things we wanted to keep, giving away the things that we could to neighbours and friends, making multiple trips to Goodwill, and leaving the remaining furniture in the house for the new owners. The closing when well and we are officially without a house and it doesn't feel too bad. In fact we're quite happy to be out from all of the responsibility of home ownership. Mostly the upkeep. Now we can actually stay on the boat and travel during the summer months too. Of course Ben is thinking we should stay in Marathon for the summer. (For the record I don't see that happening. As much as we like it here we like moving around a whole lot more.)

Now that we are back it is time to get back to the boat job list. The first thing on the list is a solar system. We spend way too much time running the generator in order to keep George's computer and the fridge running. I believe that George will start on that project tomorrow. He'll have to stop planning at some point so we can participate in a wine tasting party at the tiki hut tomorrow. We're supplying the wine and our friends are supplying the food. When we emptied the house we had 40 cases (12 bottles) of wine in the cellar. We managed to cart 16+ cases down with us. The remaining cases we gave to friends and Jordan. Of course we can't actually store that much wine on the boat so we decided a tasting party will get rid of some wine and then we'll store what we can of the remaining wine. After that we'll go back in the giving away wine business. We know a few people down here that can store a bottle or two on their own boats.

That's the news for now. We were a little disappointed that we came back to rain, but at least we can wear flip flops and shorts again. Much better than socks and parkas.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ishmael
Vessel Make/Model: Whitby 42 #062 1975
Crew: Kathy, Ben, George and Kooper
About:
After over thirty years of working 40+ hours a week. George and Kathy have decided it is time to slow down and enjoy what this world has to offer. We are looking forward to sharing this new life style with our youngest child, Ben(15). [...]
Extra: With over 1000 miles under our keel we are now ready to finally head south. First we'll move down the Hudson River and then we'll follow the east coast south.

Who: Kathy, Ben, George and Kooper