S/V ISLAND SIREN

24 December 2008
11 October 2008 | Trellsi Bay
30 August 2008
19 July 2008
10 July 2008
11 June 2008
23 May 2008
12 May 2008 | BVI
05 May 2008
28 April 2008
24 April 2008
17 April 2008
04 April 2008
27 March 2008
23 March 2008
17 March 2008
13 March 2008
10 March 2008
08 March 2008

in St Thomas again

11 June 2008
June 10
Today we head for Charlotte Amalie on St Thomas. Kim and Cate will be flying back to Florida to deal with the house on Friday as out tenant will be out on the 15th. We have been having a great time. Still working hard during the week but we have been taking the week-ends and doing some sailing and enjoying the wonderful places here in the BVI. The summer weather is great and there are only a hand full of boats that come and go unlike the winter season. Sharleen and DDM are keeping us busy, we may have to apply for residency soon, just kidding, well maybe not. Sharleen gave us the name and phone number of the gentleman that manages Paraquita Bay Lat. 18 25.17N Lon 064 34.45W. It is the best hurricane hole in the BVI and managed by the charter companies. They have chain on the bottom for storms and it is a very well protected area. Anyway, after talking to him and telling him we knew Sharleen and was working with her at DDM, it looks like we can go in there if needed. We will find out about the hurricane hole on St Johns on June 21st. Mom, Rose, and Dale will be coming for a visit when Kim returns and we are looking forward to seeing them. Cate has finished her school for the year so she now has the summer off. She complains sometimes about being on the boat, but she is a teenager now and that is normal. No kid can be too unhappy and go around singing and dancing as much as she does. We have her enrolled in a summer program for kids here in BVI for the month of August. It is set up by DDM and has lots of activities and very educational. I am sure it will be fun for her and it will help her meet more local kids that hopefully she will make friends with. She does look forward to the mail runs to see if any of her books have come in and she enjoys the week-ends swimming, snorkeling and playing with Shellbe on the beach.

Well I started this yesterday before we left BVI but did not get it out so guess I will up date some more. We are now in Charlotte Amalie Lat 18 20.17N Lon 064 55.50W. The trip here was good. There was no wind so we motored all the way but the seas were flat as good be. You could have gone to St Croix in a crate (I use to say Bimini in a bathtub on days like this back in the Keys but had to change it). We went in to Coral Bay Lat 18 20.67N Lon 064 41.84W the hurricane hole on St Johns. They have marked all the storm anchors with bouys and there will be a mad dish for them on the 21st of June. So we wanted to know what everything looked like before hand. We have been meaning to do this for some time now and yesterday was perfect for it. Anyway, Kim and Cate are getting ready for their trip in two days so guess that is all for now.
Vessel Name: Island Siren
Vessel Make/Model: 1976 Vagabond 47
Hailing Port: Key Largo, Florida
Crew: Ron
About: Ron is a retired Firefighter/Flightmedic with Miami Dade County Fire Rescue.
Extra: more information at: