01 May 2008 | Randolph, NJ
29 April 2008 | Randolph, NJ
18 March 2008
13 March 2008
01 March 2008 | Morristown
20 February 2008 | Key West, FL
07 February 2008 | Morristown, NJ
21 January 2008 | Morristown, NJ
12 January 2008 | Union City
08 January 2008 | Union City, NJ
29 December 2007
26 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
24 December 2007 | Randolph, NJ
22 December 2007
19 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
16 December 2007 | Randolph, NJ
10 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
06 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
05 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ

One More Day!

29 April 2008 | Randolph, NJ
Philip
One more day! On one hand, it can't come soon enough, and on the other, there is still so much to do and so little time left.

We haven't had a home since November last year, when we moved out of our apartment in Jersey City. We have been fortunate enough to know many wonderful, generous people who have opened their homes and lives to us, and allowed us to stay with them. We have lived a nomadic existence, living out of boxes and suitcases. We are really looking forward to moving aboard Liberty!

Tomorrow is our scheduled closing. I am so grateful to all the people who have believed in this dream, and have assisted me in raising nearly $0.5M in cash. There is so much administration and complexity surrounding this transaction, that the small fact that $63k still needs to clear is a minor point. The money is in the bank, but apparently 9/11 has caused the introduction of more stringent rules regarding money flow, and I have to just be patient. Again!

Another piece that has consumed our time is the delivery of the Liberty from Key West to New York City. I am honored to have as a friend, Bill Noe, who will be our Captain once the Liberty is in NYC. He will be on board to help the current Captain Cheyenne, with the trip up north. Our friend Ekkehart, is joining us from Barbados as first mate, and several other friends and acquaintances will be aboard to complete the crew. Luke and I fly down on Sunday evening, and we are so much looking forward to the adventure and doing life with one another aboard the Liberty in her 3 week passage from Florida. Stay posted for updates.
Comments
Vessel Name: Jabulani
Vessel Make/Model: 30' Custom Gaff Cutter
Hailing Port: Cape Town, South Africa
About: Philip, Sharon, Luke and Ruth are preparing to set off on a circumnavigation of the world.
Extra: The name Jabulani comes from the Zulu word for "Joy" or "Rejoice". We believe "Jabulani" reflects our outlook on life.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/jabulani/

Jabulani

Port: Cape Town, South Africa