01 May 2008 | Randolph, NJ
29 April 2008 | Randolph, NJ
18 March 2008
13 March 2008
01 March 2008 | Morristown
20 February 2008 | Key West, FL
07 February 2008 | Morristown, NJ
21 January 2008 | Morristown, NJ
12 January 2008 | Union City
08 January 2008 | Union City, NJ
29 December 2007
26 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
24 December 2007 | Randolph, NJ
22 December 2007
19 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
16 December 2007 | Randolph, NJ
10 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
06 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ
05 December 2007 | Woodbine, NJ

What is a boat like you doing in a place like this?

14 May 2006 | Gregg Neck Boat Yard
Philip
While most boats are going in, Jabulani was hauled out and blocked. I wanted to finish up some epoxy work in the bilge, wash down the topsides, and check a few things here and there that can only be inspected out of the water. Then I wanted to splash her before we set off on our Chesapeake Bay cruise at the end of the month.

The bilge under the engine was not easily accessible, but in the end I think it was a job well done. While I was in the engine compartment I wanted to look for anything loose that may have been the source of a knocking sound we had started hearing recently under power. Everything was tight. The zinc was tight; there was no play in the cutlass bearing, everything else looked fine. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps something was snagged on the prop that was cleared when Jabualni was lifted out by the travel lift. The only thing I can do now is put her back in and see if we hear that noise again???

I need to find out what Bill's plans for the week are, but I am thinking Jabulani could go back in this Friday, and on Saturday early we take her to her mooring.

So much to do, so little time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Jabulani
Vessel Make/Model: 30' Custom Gaff Cutter
Hailing Port: Cape Town, South Africa
About: Philip, Sharon, Luke and Ruth are preparing to set off on a circumnavigation of the world.
Extra: The name Jabulani comes from the Zulu word for "Joy" or "Rejoice". We believe "Jabulani" reflects our outlook on life.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/jabulani/

Jabulani

Port: Cape Town, South Africa