The Jackson Four on Tour

Operation 'sell Pegasus of Jersey' begins""

22 July 2013 | Moffat, Scotland
29 March 2013 | Penang
27 March 2013 | Mooloolaba and Penang
22 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
05 February 2013 | Mooloolaba
30 January 2013 | Mooloolaba
11 January 2013 | Brisbane River
27 December 2012
26 December 2012 | Brisbane/Godl Coast
16 December 2012 | Brisbane, Australia
06 December 2012
04 December 2012
01 December 2012
01 December 2012 | Townsville
27 November 2012
26 November 2012
23 November 2012 | Cairns, Australia
15 November 2012 | Vlasoff Reef

Deshaies

04 March 2011 | Guadeloupe
Catherine
I must stop worrying about the fact that I am crap at languages and just get on and speak it! Most of the time I can formulate what I want to say in French, even not blush when I say it now, but I have to concentrate so hard on speaking that I can't then possibly understand what has been said in return. Correction. I probably could understand the response but I am just not listening becauase all my focus of attention has gone on speaking! However, I really want to encourage the children to speak French (and in Guadeloupe, all the boat kids are French) and so I have to overcome my own insecurities of speaking languages and show that it's OK to get it wrong. Mia and Lochy kept running back to me to say "how do I ask....?" whilst playing with kids on the beach today. It was soul destroying to see them speak and then get ignored by the other kids, but they kept at it, bless them and I suppose it will come with more exposure. I was watching a video posted on Ellen MacArthur's website about whether schools are killing creativity by Ken Robinson - and Mia asked me why I was laughing and what I was watching. When I explained that this man thinks we should pay as much attention to art/creative subjects as maths and English, she replied "finally, a grown up who agrees with us kids." Classic. Mind, she was drawing at the time.
We visited Steve and Julie Ferreira on their boat. It's always great to listen to others' experiences and compare set ups. I think Mark was quite tempted by their last trip through Panama to head North to Alaska rather than South to NZ, but he can't complain about the heat here - it's been overcast and rainy most of the day. We had a lovely lunch in Deshaies and the kids enjoyed a swim again. Tomorrow after school work we'll head over to the town again and explore a little more as it seems a shame to leave immediately and we could check in and out at the same time online at a cafe, which was the easiest customs check we have ever had. Vive la France!
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus of Jersey
Vessel Make/Model: Nautitech 395 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Lefkas, Greece
Crew: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
About:
Having met whilst sailing on Bob's boat, there always was a vague plan that we would at some stage sell the house, buy a boat and sail round the world. Unfortunately, we didn't have a house. That was 9 years ago. [...]

Jackson Four on Tour

Who: Mark, Catherine, Mia and Lachlan
Port: Lefkas, Greece