S/V Banjo - Waltzing Round the Med

14 May 2015
27 March 2015 | Gosport
15 March 2015 | Gosport
18 February 2015
20 January 2015 | Gosport
23 December 2014 | Gosport
05 December 2014 | Cartagena
26 November 2014 | Gosport, HANTS
21 November 2014 | Gosport, Hants
09 November 2014 | Gosport, Hants
19 October 2014 | Fareham, Hants
29 September 2014 | Santa Ponsa
10 September 2014 | Palma
01 September 2014 | Santa Ponsa
29 August 2014 | Las Illetas
16 August 2014 | Palma
14 August 2014 | Mahon
11 August 2014
09 August 2014 | Salerno
06 August 2014

Farewell to Drimia

09 February 2010 | Pittwater, Sydney
Jane
Well, we are officially land lubbers! We sold Drimia and moved off last weekend. I had hoped to have time to make her clean and shiny and then spend the weekend sailing around Pittwater, anchoring overnight in a pretty bay, have a last night sitting in the cockpit sipping G&Ts and musing on the past year. But in the end, she came out to have some work done on the rudder and the new owner decided to have her anti-fouled (again) at the same time which meant she had to stay out of the water over the weekend. We spent two days emptying all the lockers and carrying vast quantities of stuff down the ladder! I have to say I was a little weepy when we put the hatch in for the last time and our last look at her was up in a cradle in the yard!

We have moved into a granny flat for a couple of months until the unit we've bought becomes available. It's OK. You can get things out of the fridge without having to move several baskets out of the way first. You can make a cup of tea and the mug stays where you put it. You can flush the toilet as many times as you want! But there's no cockpit to lie with a cup of tea watching the world go by, no changing view out of the shower window, no people dropping by around 5 pm for a sundowner. Very strange.

I think we've realised that we'll have to do it again. We have been to such fabulous places and met such amazing people that we'll have to do it again. Thanks to everyone we met who made it such a great trip. From those of you in the Caribbean who have watched our progress and stayed in touch and wished us well to our fellow Pacific crossers who we had such good times with and shared so many experiences. Keep in touch and wherever you are, we wish you fair winds and calm seas.

Much love

Jane and Andy
Comments
Vessel Name: Banjo
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 32
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Andy Doughty/Jane Jarratt
About:
We are Brits but moved to Australia in 2007 and became True Blue Australians in 2014! We bought our first boat, Drimia, in St Maarten in the Caribbean back in 2009 and sailed her back to Australia over nearly a year. [...]
Extra: 17/02/15 In September 2014, illness made us give up our trip and go back to the UK for treatment. Andy has myeloma and had to have chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant. He is now in remission.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/svbanjo

Who: Andy Doughty/Jane Jarratt
Port: Sydney