Jaya's Voyage

Bademli, Dikili, Turkey / November 2012

28 December 2012
Bademli, Dikili, Turkey

Late November 2012

With a gentle southerly wind which was expected to pick up and blow with fierce gusts the following day, we exited the Gulf of İzmir on the 28th of November and sailed northwards to Bademli to take shelter in its beautiful bay from the wet gusts and then to continue to Dikili to clear out of Turkey. Our spot was so sheltered that it was hard to understand how windy it was out in the open sea. During our 5 days here we took pleasant walks to the pretty village, to long sandy beaches and through olive groves to find an ancient thermal bath - a simple little pool of mineral water with right temperature, enclosed with stone walls with no roof, just by the sea with little pebble beaches on either side. It was an extraordinary luxury to have a bath listening to the waves splashing on the walls.
___________________________________________________________
Bademli, Dikili, Türkiye (Kasım sonu, 2012) - 28 Kasım sabah erkenden, bir sonraki gün şiddetlenmesi beklenen hafif bir lodosla İzmir Körfezi'nden çıkıp hoş bir pupa seyriyle aynı gün öğleden sonra Bademli'ye vardık, burada sert rüzgârların geçmesini bekleyecek, sonra da Türkiye'den çıkış işlemlerini yapmak için Dikili'ye devam edecektik. Neredeyse göl denilebilecek iç koy öyle korunaklıydı ki rüzgârın açık denizde ne şiddete estiğini anlamadık bile. Burada geçirdiğimiz 5 gün içinde yağmurdan fırsat buldukça uzun yürüyüşler yaptık, sevimli Bademli köyüne, uzun kumsallara gittik. Ama vardığımız en özel hedef, kim bilir tarihin hangi çağından beri aynı yerde bulunmakta olan bir kaplıca hamamıydı. Etrafı taş duvarlarla çevrilmiş, çatısız, yerden kaynayan suyu tam da gerektiği sıcaklıkta olan bu basit, küçük havuzda duvarlara vuran dalgaların sesi eşliğinde yıkanmak olağandışı bir lükstü.
Comments
Vessel Name: Jaya
Vessel Make/Model: Wharram Tangaroa
Crew: Mark & Nur
About: Mark is Jaya's builder, captain, mechanic, fisherman and, in general, handyman. Nur is the mate, and the author of this blog.
Extra: Living aboard forever and cruising whenever possible...