Summer's Snow

20 May 2014 | Reedville VA
19 May 2014 | Warehouse Creek VA
18 May 2014 | Hampton Roads
17 May 2014 | At Dismal Swamp
15 May 2014 | Broad Creek off of The Neuse River
15 May 2014 | ICW, somewhere
12 May 2014 | Tom Point Creek MM 495
11 May 2014 | Hidden Harbor Maeina
08 May 2014 | Jove Creek, Brunswick
06 May 2014 | Cumberland Sound
05 May 2014 | St Augustine
01 May 2014 | Loggerhead Marina, Vero Beach FL
24 March 2014 | Ft Lauderdale, Lake Sylvia
10 March 2014 | Marine research Center
09 March 2014 | Off of Lee Stocking Cay, Marine Research Center
26 February 2014 | Georgetown
25 February 2014 | Sand Dollar Beach
10 February 2014 | Georgetown, Exumas, Bahams
31 January 2014 | Sand Dollar Beach

Staniel Cay

25 January 2014 | Near Pig beach and the Bond caves
Sunny, 76, perfect
When we left Nassau on Wed the 22nd, we made a beeline for Normans Cay to spend the night, we knew the weather was iffy for the next day so we decided we'd head out first thing. We arrived at Staniel Cay around 2:30 PM on Thursday and I have to say, this so far, the most beautiful place we have seen on the boat. The color of the water is incredible, it is crystal clear (and you ask why if it is clear, could the color be beautiful) but it is. We went and visited the swimming pigs, we are actually just anchored a 100 yards or so from their beach and we fed them stuff, they are pigs, they eat anything and when they swim out to your dingy, they bump into it, try to climb in and essentially demand food. They are huge, they have babies and they swim very well, with their snouts up like a snorkel. It is wuite a sight.

Today, the 25th, we toured the area on the dingy, drove through amazing beach areas, reef areas and ended up at the marina that has pet sharks. There were about 15 of them, sleeping on the bottom, Nurse sharks, we didn't feed them but were invited to swim with them, we didn't.

Then we headed over to the Staniel Cay Yacht club, had some Conch and a beer, walked through the town and saw it, in about 15 minutes, they have a laid back way of living, my blood pressure is bumping the bottom of the charts. Tomorrow we are going to tour the Bond caves, where they shot "Thunderball" in 1964, we saw all the pics from 1964 of the crew at the yacht club where we had lunch. I have a bunch of pictures but the internet is so slow here I can't get them to load so they will have to wait but I did include this one at pig beach.
Comments
Vessel Name: Summer Snow
Vessel Make/Model: Mariner Orient
Hailing Port: Sterling, VA
Crew: Joe and Bessie Stooks, Summer and Dougan
About: We have been waiting now for years to retire on our boat and we are getting closer, just two more years. Please join us in our adventures on Summer Snow
Extra: Well, on Feb 29, 2012, I retired. Now, I am finishing up a few projects and selling the house and we will cast off our dock lines for the last time. Cruising life, here we come!!!

Who: Joe and Bessie Stooks, Summer and Dougan
Port: Sterling, VA