Bright Eyes

The search for bright waters...

11 September 2010
14 June 2010 | Herrington Harbour North
28 May 2010
24 May 2010 | Blogspot
21 May 2010 | The Hole
20 May 2010 | South River, Edgewater, MD
19 May 2010 | South River, Edgewater MD
17 May 2010
12 May 2010 | Edgwater, MD
23 April 2010 | Baltimore, MD
13 April 2010 | HHN
06 April 2010 | HHN
02 April 2010 | HHN Parking Lot
30 March 2010

Jammin with Ben Harper

23 April 2010 | Baltimore, MD
Sunny/Windy
So while Bright Eyes didn't get a full wax and buff, she did get all new paint. This weekend we painted the ''racing stripes". I attempted to just touch up the stripes but that wasn't turning out so great and we had plenty of paint so paint we did!




We also used up the rest of the bottom paint we had on high use areas such as the bow and the leading edges of the rudder and keel. It actually took alot of time to use up the rest of the paint cuz we used a 1 inch brush, but i'd say theres a good 2 1/2 to 3 coats of bottom paint on now. We also cleaned and sprayed a metal anti-fouling spray on our prop. No barnicles for us please.



Ofcourse Saturday before we started painting we found a way to procrastinate by joining our new friends Alex and Rebecca at thier cookout. Then it turns out the cookout was also a Boat Naming Ceremony! They did it right though by having guests and offering the God of the Sea champagne instead of the Bud Light we used. It was a windy but still nice day and we got good food too!



On a side note, congrats to Eric and Rick for both selling their boats! I helped Rick clean out his shed by taking some cleaning products, but I should have known all I was doing was giving us more work to do... We found some varnish and decided to use it up. But then we got a recommendation to use Cetol instead so we ended up buying stuff anyway. Christine is handling the teak and the first coat looks very nice. Two more coats and our teak should be rid of that weathered look.

The last chore of the weekend involved running the wires for the Autopilot. Everything is hooked up we just gotta mount the computer. Our laziness got the best of us and that can wait till next week. We are going to finish servicing the engine this weekend but everything that has to be done while on land is done!



Tuesday we got to see Ben Harper (the real one, not Christines kayak) at Pier 6 in Baltimore. We went with some good friends and got their early enough for 3rd row seats! It was a great time and he played for over 2 hours jammin into the night.




O and also we found this neat new website that interviews crusiers. Lots of advice on here and hopefully more to come. They interview a new cruiser every Monday.
The INTERVIEW WITH A CRUISER Project




More Beautiful Boat Pics...



hit counter image
get a free hit counter
Comments
Vessel Name: Bright Eyes
Vessel Make/Model: 1985 Seidelmann 37
Hailing Port: Edgewater, MD
Crew: Joey and Christine
About: We are 24 year old office workers who plan to move on a boat and leave it all behind by cruising the CARIBBEAN! We have no sailing experience and no money. But those are just details right?! It's the power of the dream that matters so our adventure begins...
Extra:
The vessle: Bright Eyes 1985 Seidelmann 37 LOA - 36'10" Beam - 12' Draft - 4'5'' Displacement - 13,900 lbs Water - 60 gal Fuel - 18 gal Holding - 13 gal Sails - Main - 140 Genoa Engine - YANMAR 3GM30 Diesel 24HP, 2199 HOURS (as of purchase date) Starter Battery - 60ah House [...]

Who: Joey and Christine
Port: Edgewater, MD