Just Imagine at sea

14 June 2012 | Bequia
06 June 2012 | St. Vincent and the Grenadines
06 June 2012

Turtle Sanctuary

14 June 2012 | Bequia
Robin
We decided to go for a long walk on Monday, March 26 to the turtle sanctuary about three miles away. Nino, Quicksilver, Sunshine II, Moondance and Just Imagine's crews all headed out in the heat. The sanctuary was quite interesting having been started privately by a former fisherman and turtle hunter. He finds turtle eggs and and marks their location, notes the date and calculates approximately when they will hatch. He then returns at the appropriate time and picks up the newly hatched turtles and keeps them in tanks until they have a chance of survival in the wild. Too many predators which is why the turtles are protected.
After viewing the turtle sanctuary, we walked back and stopped at Dawne's for lunch. The hamburger that Cheryl and I both had was dreadful, actually unidentifiable. We also stopped at the Whaleboner Restaurant for another beer before getting back to town. Good day and a good long walk.

Admirality Bay, Bequia, March 2012

06 June 2012
Nino, Quicksilver, Sunshine II, Moondance and Just Imagine all arrived in Bequia on March 21 after another good sail. Last year we had met Winfield Sargeant who does varnishing and when he approached us again this time we contracted him to refinish our cockpit doors. Over the course of about two weeks he stripped the old varnish off, put on two coats of primer and then 6 coats of varnish. Looks great!
Winfield also told us that Bequia is allowed to catch two whales a year. This is quite controversial but it is what it is. We saw the whale hunting boat just outside of the harbor chasing a whale and were told that had it. Later we were informed that it had gotten away.

Canouan, March 2012

06 June 2012 | St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Robin
After my birthday celebration March 19, 2012 at the Mangrove Restaurant on the beach in Canouan, we spent one more day there before heading to Bequia which is just south of the main island of St. Vincent.

06 June 2012
Just Imagine at anchor.
Vessel Name: Just Imagine
Vessel Make/Model: 1995 Privilege 42 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Woodstock, GA
Crew: Robin and Cheryl Wilson
About: Retired in 2006 and moved onto the boat in 2007 after selling our house, cars and possessions in 2006. Cruised the ICW, Chesapeake, Bahamas, Lake Ontario and then headed to the Caribbean in 2010.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/justimagine

The Wilsons of Just Imagine...

Who: Robin and Cheryl Wilson
Port: Woodstock, GA
This is a new blog about the travels of s/v Just Imagine resulting from Apple discontinuing to support web.me.com which means our old website will no longer be available (or at least unupdateable) as of the end of June 2012. The old website was web.me.com/robinandcherylwilson. I will start this blog as a continuation of the former website for continuity purposes.