I spent a couple weekends in April completing some haul out work.
Getting power washed:
Finished sanding the bottom:
Finished the first coat of bottom paint at 8pm on the first day:
Grinded off the rusted spots of the iron keel:
Painted exposed iron with a heavy duty Rustoleum primer and then with the regular Rustoleum. Ideally I'd like to remove the entire keel, sand blast it, fair and smooth it out, then encapsulate it in epoxy or some other coating. I just did not have the time and money to complete that major overhaul.
The keel spacers I bought and installed almost two years ago fell off during that time. Instead of buying another kit, this time I bought some plexiglass and created my own spacers.
The keel all finished including a fresh zinc installed:
Final prep work included polishing the top sides four times to get her looking like new:
All ready to launch: