18 April 2011 | Alexandria, VA
11 May 2010
31 July 2009
26 April 2009
24 January 2009 | Cadle Creek
27 December 2008 | Chesapeake Bay
09 November 2008
13 October 2008
30 September 2008
13 July 2008 | Warehouse Creek
30 May 2008 | St. Mary's River
26 May 2008 | Rhode River & Chesapeake Bay
24 May 2008 | Chesapeake Bay
04 May 2008 | Chesapeake Bay
29 April 2008

Another great day of sailing!

23 April 2006 | Chesapeake Bay
Today was another beautiful day sailing out on the Chesapeake. Dave and Ahson joined me as crew and this was Ahson's first time ever sailing and pretty much first time being on a boat. We had a great time. We departed around noon with cloudy skies and they said a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. About 30 minutes out it started to rain and it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon since everywhere on the horizon it seemed like it was cloudy and raining. We lucked out though and after about 20-30 minutes of rain, the sun peered through the clouds, the rain stopped, and we had a nice sunny day in the 60s. It wasn't too windy, but we were able to sail for 4-5 knots most of the time. We sailed to the north east, a little past Thomas Point. We leisurely sailed out for about 3 hours and then it only took 1.5 hours to get back to Cadle Creek. Ahson was at the helm for quite a bit as we returned to port and he did a good job navigating through all the crab pots and sailing into Cadle Creek. We took down the main sail on the Rhode River and used the genoa to sail down wind to Cadle Creek and even partially into it. We furled the headsail and I fired up the Honda to get into my slip. We had another fun, relaxing, successful day sailing!

Dave worked on my outboard and determined that the starter is in fact working and it is just the starter switch that is out. So all I need is to find a replacement switch. Thanks for figuring that out Dave!

Here's a photo from today and I have some videos I might try to upload.
DSCN1667
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire Breeze
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 Catalina 25 SK/SR
Hailing Port: Mayo, MD
Crew: Justin
Extra: This site is all about my experiences with my first boat; from restoring it, to my sailing adventures. I enjoy hearing from my readers, so feel free to send me an email. I'm also interested in meeting new people in the area, especially people in my age range since I hardly know any that sail.

Who: Justin
Port: Mayo, MD