Just Limin

Limin ( li'-min ) To travel without a purpose or destination

06 December 2010 | Brunswick
04 October 2010 | St Simons Island, Ga
09 September 2010 | St. Simons Island, GA
03 September 2010 | River Dunes, Oriental, NC
01 September 2010 | River Dunes, Oriental, NC
30 August 2010 | Dowry Creek Marina, Bellhaven, NC
25 August 2010 | Solomons
22 August 2010 | Brunswick
31 July 2010 | Solomons Island, Md
26 July 2010 | Solomons
19 July 2010 | St. Michaels
18 July 2010 | Annapolis, MD
10 July 2010 | Deltaville
07 July 2010 | Yorktown, VA
05 July 2010 | Yorktown, VA
02 July 2010 | Yorktown, VA
28 June 2010 | Norfolk
27 June 2010 | South of Norfolk
25 June 2010 | Dowry Creek Marina, Bellhaven, NC

Made it Back!

09 September 2010 | St. Simons Island, GA
Leslie
Well we made it back this morning at 5am. After finding and hiding in a hurricane hole in Oriental, we continued down the ICW and letting the waves settle down a few days and it worked like a charm. We got to Beaufort/Morehead City and decided to travel down to Southport to exit to the Atlantic. We left Southport at 7am on Monday and got into Charleston around 3am on Tuesday. We anchored by the Mega Dock there on the Ashley River and slept. Although it was hot we had a nice breeze to make it pleasant on board. We left there on Wednesday at 7:30am. When we got out the water was very calm and had a glassy look to it. That day we saw a dolphin and a hugh turle. Jim even caught a yellowfin tuna, but it got off the line just as he was pulling it in. No more bites after that however. As it turned dark, the wind and waves kicked up, but we didn't care. We were almost home. We had talked about skipping Charleston, but I was glad we didn't. I don't know how we could be any more exhausted and still funtional. It would have been different if we had one or two more people with us to share watches, but it was also hot below (with the hatches closed) and therefore not comfortable.

Mark (Jim's brother) met us at the dock along with Steve from Dunbar Sales to help us tie up. We drove home getting a bite to eat on the way. When we arrived at home, our dog Maggie was there waiting to see us, and whimpering the way she does when she is happy.

Right now I am doing laundry and Jim and Mark went back to get another load of things and wash the outside to removed salt and dirt. Tomorrow we will give it a good cleaning inside and out, knowing that we will have to do again after our sailing club outing next weekend.

Jim and/or I will add more later along with photos.
Comments
Vessel Name: Just Limin
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 375
Hailing Port: St Simons Island, GA
Crew: Jim and Leslie Hamrick
About: "Don't dream your life, but live your dream." That is what we are about to do. For a number of years we have dreamed of cruising. Our dream is about to become reality.

s/v Just Limin

Who: Jim and Leslie Hamrick
Port: St Simons Island, GA