Westsail 32: Kabuki

Getting Ready for our first voyage together.

10 September 2009
07 September 2009
03 September 2009 | Norsand
01 September 2009
27 August 2009
25 August 2009
20 August 2009
18 August 2009
13 August 2009
10 August 2009
05 August 2009 | Whangarei
29 July 2009
18 July 2009 | Home
14 July 2009 | Whangarei
06 July 2009
26 June 2009 | Capitaine Bougainville Theatre
24 June 2009 | Whangarei Library
21 June 2009 | Town Basin

Baaaaa Humbug

18 July 2009 | Home
Well it has been one of those weekend's, when you have things planned out but they do not happen.
I had Friday as Time in Lieu off work, managed to get some singing practice in with Norma my accompianist. Then off down to the picture theatre to by tickets to Harry Potter for the 8pm session.
Well here's a tip for you, do not ever, ever, ever, ever go to the picture theatre during the day on the school holidays. There were irate Parents and whiney kids all over the show.
I had to wait in the cue for about 45 mins to get the tickets.
The Theatre/Foyer was over heated, packed with people, the air was stuffy and stank of POPCORN. After we got home our hair and clothes stank of popcorn, and we didn't even stay for a movie.
In this time of worry over the spread of "swine flu", I can see why these things pass on so easily. Stuffy, overheated, non-vented public places are a breeding ground for things like flu.
Whangarei is not a particularly cold place in the winter time, the lowest temperature we have had so far this year is 1 degree celsius. Why do we need to heat our environments to such a high degree. Apparently we are supposed to have our houses heated to 21 degrees celsius, I find that an uncomfortable temperature, and bloody expensive to maintain. No wonder we have problems with electrical shortages in New Zealand.
Anyway we went to see Harry Potter on Friday night,a great movie, but the picture theatre was crap. The sound was fuzzy/crackly, the kids up the front made lots of noise, I got a crick in my neck from having to sit so close to the screen. And I paid $13 for the pleasure of it all, never, never again....... Baaa humbug

Saturday I went singing at a Resthome, Paul had to go out to the Heads as the roof had blown off a building out there. While He was out clearing up He stood on a nail, He say's it was at least 5mm across, it has put a big hole in the ball of his foot. So, He is laid up, having to hop everywhere. So today we have had a quiet day at home, Paul sent me down to Kabuki to check Her out ( make sure His baby is alright). Apart from that a very lazy day.

Anyway back to work tomorrow
Comments
Vessel Name: Kabuki
Vessel Make/Model: Westsail 32 #425
Hailing Port: Whangarei, New Zealand
Crew: Paul Bowling and Wendy Smith
About:
Paul and I have been sailing around Whangarei and the Bay of Islands for the last 14 years. We have owned a few boats in that time, ranging from a 20ft Trailer Sailer to a 36ft New Zealand built Eric Cox design yacht. [...]
Extra: Thought this would be a good way of keeping family and friends up to speed with our progress on getting Kabuki and ourselves ready for the big adventure.

Kabuki

Who: Paul Bowling and Wendy Smith
Port: Whangarei, New Zealand