Katannah's Return Trip

17 October 2007
13 August 2007
25 July 2007
27 June 2007 | June 29th through July 3rd:
26 June 2007 | June 26th through June 29th:
22 June 2007 | June 24 through 25
15 June 2007 | June 15th to June 18th:
10 June 2007 | June 10th to June 14th:
09 June 2007 | June 8th to June 9th:
06 June 2007 | May 31st through June 7th:
30 May 2007 | May 22nd through May 30th
21 May 2007 | May 16th through May 21st:
17 May 2007 | The Georgia/NC Coasts
15 May 2007 | May 10th through May 15th:
09 May 2007 | May 2nd through May 9th:
27 April 2007 | April 27th through April 29th:
25 April 2007

Riviera Beach, Stuart and On To Vero

27 April 2007 | April 27th through April 29th:
Day 259 to 262:

We borrow a car from my sister, Betsy, and set about to do errands, refill RX's, clear Customs and Immigration. I have managed to get a Frequent Flyer seat from West Palm to Boston as I am determined to see Kate and Mark's new golden retriever puppy, Hadley, while she is still a real puppy and not the gangly teenager she will be by the time we get home. I go up on Sat and back on Sunday. A quick trip but SO worth it.

While I am gone Steve does boat chores and runs a few errands, writes a couple of ads, and hangs out waiting to pick me up Sunday evening. I regale Steve with pix and movies of Hadley who is SOOO CUTE and really fun to be around.

It's Sunday and Steve is flying the Union Jack. He is approached by a man who owns a powerboat from Edgartown in a nearby slip. He indicates that it's nice to see someone flying the Jack. An hour later some Riviera Beach guy walks down to his outboard, spots the Union Jack and comes up to Steve who is sitting reading the paper and asks what kind of a boat Katannah is. Next question=priceless. "Are you an admiral?" "Only when I'm standing in the companionway," says Steve. Yikes, the types you meet on the dock! :)

Off the dock the next morning around 7 for the motoring trip up the bridge-laden ICW through West Palm to Jupiter and Hobe Sound and eventually Stuart. We wait patiently for 3 or 4 bridges before Jupiter and then only a couple on into Stuart, where we stay in a slip at the Mariner Cay Marina, the same place we had stayed on the way down. It is very hot so we have a swim in marina the pool to cool down. Tomorrow it's heading North up the ICW to Vero Beach.

A routine day Tues., May 1st, again in sunny hot weather for the trip to Vero. We get a mooring and fortunately did not have to raft up with anyone as the traffic is much lighter than it was in the fall when boats were rafted up three across in here.

The Eplers, folks we met in Hope Town, are on a boat out of Stuartwhich comes through Vero sometime this day. They email the next day to say that they had spotted the boat, but we are not aboard. They very kindly invite us to stop and see them in Guilford, CT when we pass through. It's so much fun to have this network of cruisers!

Comments
Vessel Name: Katannah
Vessel Make/Model: Allied XL-42
Hailing Port: Marblehead, MA
Crew: Captain, Steve Haesche; Crew, Linda Haesche (aka The First And ONLY Mate)
Extra: Okay, folks, this is our latest blog of our adventures. Lots of great pix...We're working our way North. Will be caught up on this Blog eventually! The Gypsies aboard Katannah

Who: Captain, Steve Haesche; Crew, Linda Haesche (aka The First And ONLY Mate)
Port: Marblehead, MA