John & Bernie Go Cruising

The Crew

Who: John & Bernie Warren
08 February 2014 | Aghios Nikalaos
14 September 2013 | Sitia, Crete
17 February 2011 | Thornbury, Gloucestershire
19 September 2010
18 June 2010 | Thira (Santorini)
26 May 2010 | Milos, Cyclades
15 May 2010
15 May 2010
08 March 2010
02 November 2009
02 November 2009 | Preveza
30 September 2009 | Nidri, Levkas
24 September 2009 | Fiskardo - Cephalonia

Around the Cyclades

18 June 2010 | Thira (Santorini)
After 4 days in Milos we said our farewells to Seigfried and Gudrun and headed off to explore the Cyclades. Our first stop was a superb secluded anchorage in the channel between Milos and it's adjacent islands. The first night here we had the place completely to ourselves but then next morning a large motor boat and another yacht came in. however they left later and we once again had the place to ourselves for a peaceful night.

We moved from here to Felogandros to a harbour giving shelter from the forecast strong SW winds. There were about 20 cats around the harbour and this photo show many of them waiting for titbits from the local fisherman.



From Felogandros we sailed to Ios and after a night at anchor went into the harbour for a few days and to have a meal out for Johns birthday. The ferries entering the harbour cause a large surge on the quay and one yacht suffered quite bad damage to their stern anchor while we were her. The photograph shows the harbour from the top of the Chora with one of the ferries coming into the bay.



From Ios we went to Naxos and some of the adjacent islands and then to Paros. After a few nights at anchor around Paros and back to Ios we have now arrived in Thira (more commonly known as Santorini). Here we have spent 2 days in the harbour while we have hired a car to explore the island. The title photo shows us in front of some of the fantastic houses at Oia - many of them built into the hillside as seen below.

Comments
Vessel Name: Kerenne
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37
Crew: John & Bernie Warren
About:
We bought our Sun Odyssey 37 in December 2003 and retired in 2005 to go cruising. Setting off at the beginning of May 2005 we sailed from Plymouth to the Mediterranean via the coasts of France, Spain and Portugal. [...]
Extra: Apart from sailing our life revolves around our family (5 children between us, 5 Grandchildren so far......) and playing golf. We enjoy socializing with our sailing friends aboard "Kerenne" when we are away and friends and family when at home.

The Crew

Who: John & Bernie Warren