** KYROS **

The Journey Begins

19 February 2014 | Haiti
19 February 2014 | Haiti
18 February 2014 | Haiti
17 February 2014 | Isla Beata, Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Isla Beata, Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
16 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
16 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014

Back to St. Thomas

04 December 2011
Ok, it has been very challenging to get a good internet connection - so our postings have been nonexistant for the past few weeks. We are still afloat and sailing! After leaving Buck Island we sailed back to St. Thomas to pickup up our new batteries for the boat, pickup our repaired water maker, and to drop off my brother Tyson who had to fly home back to work and the cold. We had a few oops moments along the way - backed up the boat without pulling in the dinghy close, results in dingy rope wrapped around propeller (Marc had to go free diving, not one of his better moments). On our third attempt to anchor in St. Thomas harbour, again a failed attempt, we pulled up the anchor and it had a rope caught on it - we started to motor away and then realized that the rope was an old mooring line that was still secured to the bottom on the sea. Thank goodness Tyson was still with us on the boat to provide some muscle to be able to hold the anchor and release the abandoned mooring line.
Comments
Vessel Name: Kyros
Vessel Make/Model: 43' Fountaine Pajot
Crew: Marc & Tamara
About: We have decided to put business aside for awhile and focus on our quality of life, enjoying the sea and sailing and just get out of the day to day rat race. Life is too short!!
Extra: We are hoping this sail blog will help us to keep in touch with family and friends during our adventure.

KYROS

Who: Marc & Tamara