** KYROS **

The Journey Begins

19 February 2014 | Haiti
19 February 2014 | Haiti
18 February 2014 | Haiti
17 February 2014 | Isla Beata, Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Isla Beata, Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
17 February 2014
17 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
16 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
16 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014 | Dominican Republic
15 February 2014

Island 8 - Virgin Gorda

05 December 2011 | The Baths
We spent the night in Spanish Town Bay. Got up at 6:30am so that we could sail over to The Baths and be the only ones there. This is a place that everyone should visit!! It is so beautiful and such a spectacular place. There is no dinghy dock at The Baths, so we decided to swim from the boat to shore. After arriving at shore we realized that we swam to the wrong beach. So in our bathing suits and bare feet we decided to find the road and go inland and find The Baths instead of swimming around the boulders. After a small hike we found the entrance to The Baths. Then we noticed a couple waiting at the entrance, and realized that when you access from the land side there is an entrance fee. We did not bring any money with us in our suits, and did not want to walk all the way back to the beach that we swam to. Thank goodness it was still so early that the Park Attendant had not yet arrived, so we decided to just walk in and continue our exploring. I thought because of our inland delay that we might not be the first and only ones in The Baths, but I was wrong. We were the only ones there, it was fantastic. We did run into another couple on our way out, other than that we had the place to ourselves. The Baths are an unusual formation of large, no HUGE granite boulders. The sea washes in between these huge rocks and creates large pools of water.
Comments
Vessel Name: Kyros
Vessel Make/Model: 43' Fountaine Pajot
Crew: Marc & Tamara
About: We have decided to put business aside for awhile and focus on our quality of life, enjoying the sea and sailing and just get out of the day to day rat race. Life is too short!!
Extra: We are hoping this sail blog will help us to keep in touch with family and friends during our adventure.

KYROS

Who: Marc & Tamara