s/v Skylark

It's Always An Adventure

02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
20 November 2016 | Washington DC/Charlotte NC
06 November 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 November 2016 | Yarmouth, ME
26 October 2016 | Colombia, Cartagena (posted from Bethel, ME)
26 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
16 October 2016 | Camden, Maine
16 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
02 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine

Island Tour with Bobby Brown

23 April 2012 | Roseau, Dominica
Elizabeth (photo by Ed)
In addition to the fruits/herbs/vegetables we saw on our first island tour, ww add nutmeg , bay leaf, cocoa, coffee, limes, wild strawberries (very tart), avocado trees and lemongrass. There are many others, none of which I recall at the moment. This tree is one we can't identify from memory. Maybe someone else will fill us in. Our tour guide Bobby Brown (not his real name; he's a singer who was called that by his buddies after the popular rap singer and the name stuck) was great, and he allowed Tyson to run the show as far as the places and order of things we would see. Together they made a brilliant team. We hiked up and down, up and down to get to Middleham Falls. Luna enjoyed the hike as well but we were all pretty tired at the end of it. The trail was beautifully laid out with logs but it wasn't easy going. We ate lunch at the restaurant showed in one of the photos, another delicious Caribbean meal with Creole influence. Luna stayed in the van at the request of the restaurant owner until Judith, who thinks Luna should be allowed EVERYWHERE, went to the van without us knowing and brought her inside to sit under the table. The owner smiled and allowed it, probably because Judith, who makes friends with every human being she meets, already knew her name, her baby's name, her history and her email address. The hike after lunch didn't go as well for Luna when she was forbidden to go down the trail and into the falls and hot springs area. It turned out just as well because it was rough going over all the streams and rocks. But Judith had Luna on the leash when we got to the park and had forgotten to make friends with the park ranger. "No dogs allowed!" he yelled. OK by us, we'll figure something else out. Not, however, OK with Judith who argued with him to no avail, then turned on her heels and started to walk off with Luna toward the trails. Oh God, I thought, we're all going to be arrested! "Judith!" I yelled, "We have to listen to what he's saying! You have to come back with Luna!" Luckily, Bobby Brown came up to us at that point and said he would stay behind with Luna. I apologized to the park ranger but he barely cracked a smile. Can't say I really blame him. That Judith! It's no wonder Luna thinks she rocks.
Comments
Vessel Name: Skylark
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 41.1CC 1985
Hailing Port: Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Crew: Ed Easter, Elizabeth Meadows and Luna the dog
About: Ed, Elizabeth and Luna the dog lived for many years in Charlotte, NC. They started their live aboard experience in Charleston, SC in June 2011, cutting the lines one month later. They have been living the cruiser's life ever since.
Extra:
Skylark is a USA documented vessel and is legally identified by her name "Skylark" and hailing port "Boothbay Harbor". Since our purchase of her in 2008 she had been moored in Tenants Harbor ME '08, Rockland ME '09 and Charleston SC for the 2010 and early 2011 season. After that follow the blog [...]
Skylark's Photos - Main
94 Photos
Created 13 June 2010