s/v Skylark

It's Always An Adventure

02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
20 November 2016 | Washington DC/Charlotte NC
06 November 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 November 2016 | Yarmouth, ME
26 October 2016 | Colombia, Cartagena (posted from Bethel, ME)
26 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
16 October 2016 | Camden, Maine
16 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
02 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine

Update from Luna

28 October 2014 | Southport, NC
Luna (photo by Elizabeth)
I know you're all wondering how I'm doing so here's the skinny. It's been, as Elizabeth is fond of saying, an uphill battle. I did get better but that's a relative term. I wasn't as bad as I'd been but I wasn't very good either. We went to Carolina Beach on Monday for the sole purpose of getting within walking distance of a pharmacy for another round of pain pills and antibiotics. We had used up all our gauze and tape, too, so Elizabeth walked the three miles round trip to get everything while Ed stayed behind to watch me. I haven't been out of their sight for over a week and just between you and me, I'm a little tired of them. "Go out and have some fun just the two of you!" I keep telling them. "No really, I promise I won't chew on my wound; I'll just sit here quietly and wait for your return!" They just smile and nod their heads and here we sit, the three of us like those dumb musketeers doing nothing interesting. No walking on all these long beaches, no swimming like I notice other dogs doing as we motor along, no playmates. This is getting to be a real drag. It's been hard on us all and everyone is tired. I sleep all the time thanks to my little pills but my people are getting kinda grouchy. I admit I keep them up at night whether I wear that stupid crown/collar/whatever-you-want-to-call-it or not and I'm sorry but I can't help it. I'm doing the best I can.

Meanwhile, we move all the time, always heading south. Ed and Elizabeth are weighing out the pros and cons of an offshore passage to beat a huge weather system that's going to hit the coast by Saturday morning. They're hoping I'll be up for the challenge and I assured them I would do just fine, as long as I keep getting bacon treats with my medicine. Eventually we'll make it to Florida, then the Bahamas, then further south. In closing I just want to tell you that Elizabeth wants to take a photo of me wearing this thing but I told her I would have to take legal action against her if she even so much as points the camera in my direction while I'm wearing it. She sighed and said, "OK fine, Luna, you don't have to be so dramatic" but I don't trust her. She'd do anything for an interesting photo on the blog.
Comments
Vessel Name: Skylark
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 41.1CC 1985
Hailing Port: Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Crew: Ed Easter, Elizabeth Meadows and Luna the dog
About: Ed, Elizabeth and Luna the dog lived for many years in Charlotte, NC. They started their live aboard experience in Charleston, SC in June 2011, cutting the lines one month later. They have been living the cruiser's life ever since.
Extra:
Skylark is a USA documented vessel and is legally identified by her name "Skylark" and hailing port "Boothbay Harbor". Since our purchase of her in 2008 she had been moored in Tenants Harbor ME '08, Rockland ME '09 and Charleston SC for the 2010 and early 2011 season. After that follow the blog [...]
Skylark's Photos - Main
94 Photos
Created 13 June 2010