s/v Skylark

It's Always An Adventure

02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
20 November 2016 | Washington DC/Charlotte NC
06 November 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 November 2016 | Yarmouth, ME
26 October 2016 | Colombia, Cartagena (posted from Bethel, ME)
26 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
16 October 2016 | Camden, Maine
16 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
02 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine

Lazy in Bonaire

03 July 2015 | Bonaire, Kralendijk
Elizabeth
There is much to do here in Bonaire. We aren't doing a lot of it as of yet. For one thing, the wind makes it less appealing to leave the boat for extended periods of time. It has been non-stop with gusts up to 30 knots and sustained 20-25 knots. Ed added an additional line to the existing mooring ball lines which are somewhat frayed. And since we'll be here for the rest of this month we aren't in a major rush. But that's really not the story. The story is we are just plain lazy. Don't get me wrong, we have our daily boat chores and the Sahara dust that is plaguing the Eastern Caribbean makes it impossible to keep anything clean for more than a couple of hours. We have our dive tanks filled and inspected and ready to go. We have snorkeled off the boat which is where beginner divers do their first independent dives for certification. I have been startled more than once while doing my water aerobics off the back of Skylark only to feel bubbles wrapping around my legs. I look down and suddenly see several people below me swimming along with their tanks and flippers. Hey! You're trespassing! This is my space! That's how I feel but I simply carry on and imagine what they must be seeing when they look up at me and my trusty foam noodle exercising away. They are probably just as startled as I am. So we're not completely lazy. We walk Luna every morning and she enjoys a couple of swims off the promenade as we walk her back and forth. We stick to the promenade along the waterfront because if we wander off to the back streets we get bombarded by stray dogs who don't appear to be particularly playful. We have had many rousing games of dominoes and my strategy is improving by leaps and bounds. We have been socializing. We have no complaints.

Laziness will end next week when we rent a car for an Island tour, take a dive refresher course and start seeing everything we can see and doing everything we can do. It's time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Skylark
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 41.1CC 1985
Hailing Port: Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Crew: Ed Easter, Elizabeth Meadows and Luna the dog
About: Ed, Elizabeth and Luna the dog lived for many years in Charlotte, NC. They started their live aboard experience in Charleston, SC in June 2011, cutting the lines one month later. They have been living the cruiser's life ever since.
Extra:
Skylark is a USA documented vessel and is legally identified by her name "Skylark" and hailing port "Boothbay Harbor". Since our purchase of her in 2008 she had been moored in Tenants Harbor ME '08, Rockland ME '09 and Charleston SC for the 2010 and early 2011 season. After that follow the blog [...]
Skylark's Photos - Main
94 Photos
Created 13 June 2010