s/v Skylark

It's Always An Adventure

02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
02 September 2017 | Yarmouth, ME
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
01 January 2017 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Bethel, Maine
13 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
01 December 2016 | Charlotte, NC
20 November 2016 | Washington DC/Charlotte NC
06 November 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 November 2016 | Yarmouth, ME
26 October 2016 | Colombia, Cartagena (posted from Bethel, ME)
26 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
16 October 2016 | Camden, Maine
16 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
06 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine
02 October 2016 | Bethel, Maine

Dinner on Skylark

25 August 2015 | Bonaire, Kralendijk
Elizabeth
We invited some of our cruising friends for dinner the other night, including Stephen and Debbie from s/v Amelie (shown in this photo), Heather from s/v Crazy Daisy (her husband Bob is off island) and Maurice and Dieuwke from s/v Atmos of Amsterdam. We served chicken Marsala with a side arugula salad, and as the Brits are fond of saying, a few bits to nibble on as appetizers (goat cheese/ginger preserves on crackers, cream cheese with pomegranate chili jelly on crackers). In honor of the Dutch we served Speculoos with biscuits (cookies) for dessert, which we would have done even if we weren't in Dutch territory. The Dutch friends we've met along the way appreciate this but no one else has ever heard of it. We are grateful to friends on s/v Saralane for introducing it to us, as addictive as it is.

Dinner parties on sailboats can be challenging in the preparation although typically lots of fun when everything is put together. Without air conditioning the boat gets very hot when we're down below getting things ready, and forget it if you suddenly need to make a quick run to a grocery store for items forgotten or missing or gone bad (half the arugula wilted so the salads were smaller than they would have been--darn!), and the water consumption is far more than normal from washing everything by hand. It's a miracle when we actually find enough utensils, plates and glasses to serve a party of 7 or 8. But we pulled it off and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, as did we. We've been treated to wonderful meals on both s/v Amelie and Crazy Daisy and were pleased to reciprocate. As Luna will describe, she was beside herself with well-behaved excitement to see all those people climbing aboard her boat. She was firmly convinced they all came to visit her, which maybe they did. Poor girl needs more fun on a daily basis.
Comments
Vessel Name: Skylark
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 41.1CC 1985
Hailing Port: Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Crew: Ed Easter, Elizabeth Meadows and Luna the dog
About: Ed, Elizabeth and Luna the dog lived for many years in Charlotte, NC. They started their live aboard experience in Charleston, SC in June 2011, cutting the lines one month later. They have been living the cruiser's life ever since.
Extra:
Skylark is a USA documented vessel and is legally identified by her name "Skylark" and hailing port "Boothbay Harbor". Since our purchase of her in 2008 she had been moored in Tenants Harbor ME '08, Rockland ME '09 and Charleston SC for the 2010 and early 2011 season. After that follow the blog [...]
Skylark's Photos - Main
94 Photos
Created 13 June 2010