Kormoran of Dart

and when she eventually gets to Cape Town, to be renamed......

13 January 2018 | cape town
15 April 2015 | cape town
16 October 2014 | cape town
16 October 2014 | cape town
15 October 2014 | cape town
24 September 2014 | cape town
14 July 2014 | cape town
05 July 2014 | cape town
16 June 2014 | cape town
05 June 2014 | Cape Town
12 March 2014 | cape town
04 February 2014 | cape town
29 October 2013 | Cape Town
02 September 2013 | cape town
18 August 2013 | cape town
13 July 2013 | cape town
01 June 2013 | cape Town
30 May 2013 | Cape Town
24 May 2013 | Cape Town
18 May 2013 | Cape Town

Patience - lots required

02 September 2013 | cape town
steve
September already !

And its almost a certainty that the boat will not be ready by end October, for delivery November : ((

Our Polish friends have - very graciously - said 'when we are ready', and maybe we should go and enjoy her over there before she comes to Cape Town.
Mmmm, me thinks this may not be such a bad idea ......finances depending..... obviously : ))

What has happened in the meantime is that the rudder shaft is confirmed .....to be ok. Happy christmas, a piece of good news !

In true fashion, KoD had a reality check hot on the heels of the good.

Seems that the slightly larger than anticipated lazerette hole, was even larger than anticipated's anticipated !!
The aft bulkhead was shot to hell, together with associated structural bits. The actual 'hole' thro the hull was large enough to pass a fairly large person thro !

The welders are scheduled to start repairs 1st week of September......again.....

It was decided that we would not replace the rudder tube and that the rudder shaft would therefore be steel and not stainless. Now that we know what is going on with this, the ordering can begin !

Ya right :J
3 weeks later and we are still trying to get quotes from the States / find companies that will export to Antigua - at a reasonable price that is !! Hopefully this will happen early September......and in the meantime the exchange rate is going thro the roof !!!

The fairleads have now all been opened up, and some require......well lets just say some work.
Once again, the damage had neatly been faired over and hidden.

All but 2 of the chainplates have been 'serviced', the cockpit lockers and engine room hatch have been prep'ed and painted, the generator has been serviced ready for installation, the forward hold is virtually complete; while work continues on putting together the forward heads.

It was decided to proceed with the cockpit area even tho welding was still required in certain places. This was so that the installation of the engine and generator was not delayed.

The new holding tank and associated items have arrived. The engine room and saloon area where the tank lives, is progressing....altho never fast enough for us : )

As for pictures - we still receive every week.
I have just been to lazy to upload for the last post.
For images for this post...and the last....see Patience 1, Patience 2 & Patience 3

Patience.......I hope we have enough
And money : )
Comments
Vessel Name: Kormoran of Dart
Vessel Make/Model: Allan Pape 50 - currently undergoing a smallish refurb......
About: Steve - general layabout and occasional worker. Giselle - long suffering provider, home maker, wife and companion. Adam - the welp (who is coming into his own) !