Kormoran of Dart

and when she eventually gets to Cape Town, to be renamed......

13 January 2018 | cape town
15 April 2015 | cape town
16 October 2014 | cape town
16 October 2014 | cape town
15 October 2014 | cape town
24 September 2014 | cape town
14 July 2014 | cape town
05 July 2014 | cape town
16 June 2014 | cape town
05 June 2014 | Cape Town
12 March 2014 | cape town
04 February 2014 | cape town
29 October 2013 | Cape Town
02 September 2013 | cape town
18 August 2013 | cape town
13 July 2013 | cape town
01 June 2013 | cape Town
30 May 2013 | Cape Town
24 May 2013 | Cape Town
18 May 2013 | Cape Town

AARRGGHHHH !

29 October 2013 | Cape Town
steve
Ok, so I haven't quite been keeping up with the posts.
My bad, as the spawn keeps saying !
I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised that there are actually folk who read this drivel : )

As for KoD, there has been some progress over the last month or so.
Admittedly, behind the scenes I am fairly sure stuff is going on, however not a hellava lot SEEMS to have happened.

Most of the 'holdups' have been due to the sourcing of items; and once sourced, the shipping of said items; and once shipped, the clearance thro customs.
When it comes to shipping and customs, it seems to generally take about 21 to 25 days, before it gets 'on site'....

All a tad frustrating at times. And I wont even talk about the fortune being spent on shipping and customs !!!

The welders were back on site, have completed the hull aft. They will be back....sometime.... to complete the shaft - once the outstanding items are landed and cleared !

Cleaning / prepping and painting of the interior is carrying on diligently.
The battery box/es and holding tank 'containers' have been built, painted and installed.
The cockpit 'floor' and binnacle have been cleaned up nicely.
The chainplates are complete, and when the welders return, the fairleads will be done.
The forward heads sole is in, and all pipework is being done before closing up.
Fairing of the hull has recommenced, altho they cannot finish this completely until the shaft is completed.

One item that has 'come up' since last post, is that the tank tender sender piping is buggered and needs to be replaced ! Almost three weeks and the guys have managed to find a company that can help us repair the items - remember that these units are 20 odd years old, and most places just tell you to replace it.
Waiting for the invoice and then we go into the shipping clearing issue again !

Damn - and now its 'in season' and they are (probably) going to stop work because we cannot afford the seasonal rates.
If that happens, work will only recommence end May. Everyone seems to agree that its time to get this over with already.
Unfortunately it is an issue of $$$ - we cannot afford the seasonal rates, but could scrape together the $$, should they decide to continue at the 'off season' rate.
We have left it up to them to decide whether to continue, or to hold over till next year - not looking good so far, so am expecting a hiatus until May !

For pics, please see Slowly 1 and Slowly 2.
Comments
Vessel Name: Kormoran of Dart
Vessel Make/Model: Allan Pape 50 - currently undergoing a smallish refurb......
About: Steve - general layabout and occasional worker. Giselle - long suffering provider, home maker, wife and companion. Adam - the welp (who is coming into his own) !