Kormoran of Dart

and when she eventually gets to Cape Town, to be renamed......

13 January 2018 | cape town
15 April 2015 | cape town
16 October 2014 | cape town
16 October 2014 | cape town
15 October 2014 | cape town
24 September 2014 | cape town
14 July 2014 | cape town
05 July 2014 | cape town
16 June 2014 | cape town
05 June 2014 | Cape Town
12 March 2014 | cape town
04 February 2014 | cape town
29 October 2013 | Cape Town
02 September 2013 | cape town
18 August 2013 | cape town
13 July 2013 | cape town
01 June 2013 | cape Town
30 May 2013 | Cape Town
24 May 2013 | Cape Town
18 May 2013 | Cape Town

Countdown……?…….hoping !

14 July 2014 | cape town
steve
So last Thursday I call Manfred the magician shipwright to see how things are going.......

And he says.....he has made a list of stuff by compartment that needs to be done, and it should take him about, oh say, 3 to 4 weeks, and then he will be finished !

Then I realise that it is only 6 weeks to completion deadline !

6 WEEKS ! ! ! !

Two years of this....and 6 weeks left…..
Mmmm.......mmmm…..don't actually know what to say !
Other than pleasepleaseplease don't let there be another let down.
I don't know if my nerve would be able to handle it !

As an architect, projects often take years before completion, so I should be used to this. But no project has ever taken so much out of me, an emotional roller coaster....not even our own house !

Ok, we are not 'out of the woods' yet, but 6 weeks......a sexual expletive !

There is still the issue of the rig and the testing of electronics. Altho the rig has been given a once over and seems ok, a rigger must come give his $1m worth....and as shore power is 60Hz while the boat is 50…Manfred has been testing as best he can but he cannot fully test the electronics while on land.....so sea trails early September is a must !

That is of course if there are no hurricanes, which will mean every boat and its bits is stored on the hard, and they won't be able to launch KOD for sea trails.… !

And of course then there is still the port lights which are leaking. Manfred says they are not a safety issue so - and I agree with - we are not focusing on this for the completion date. Maybe, if we have money, time, and he has capacity; we will do the port lights and refinish the coach house in October...otherwise it will get done in Cape Town.

6 Weeks !
Then the SAMSA.....'negotiation'.....starts, and import permits, and plane flites and and and…..

Will try do pics later
Comments
Vessel Name: Kormoran of Dart
Vessel Make/Model: Allan Pape 50 - currently undergoing a smallish refurb......
About: Steve - general layabout and occasional worker. Giselle - long suffering provider, home maker, wife and companion. Adam - the welp (who is coming into his own) !