Life aboard in the NE And the work continues!

Now living aboard full time while I make repairs, refits, getting her ready for the long cruise.

09 December 2013 | Piers Marina Philadelphia
09 December 2013 | Piers Marina
25 November 2013 | Piers marina
22 November 2013 | Piers Marina Philadelphia
26 August 2013 | PIERS MARINA - PHILADELPHIA
05 August 2013 | PIERS MARINA - PHILADELPHIA
19 June 2013 | always Riverside, NJ
16 June 2013 | Riverside, NJ
15 June 2013 | Still in Riverside, Nj
18 May 2013 | Corsica River
22 February 2013
18 February 2013
11 February 2013 | Same!
05 February 2013 | Riverside, NJ
14 November 2012 | Still at Riverside NJ
16 October 2012 | Horta - Azores
04 October 2012 | Riverside NJ
02 October 2012 | Riverside NJ
24 September 2012 | Riverside, NJ

Trip North

07 November 2011 | Now at Riverside, NJ
Roland
Well the weather look good except for it being cold, so we decided to bring my boat from Rock Hall, MD to Riverside NJ. She'll be in the Cheribini's yard for the next year or more in order for me to do the repairs and refit. I picked Cherebini's as it's normally about 35 minutes from home, a great yard and I can leave the boat on the hard longer in a secure yard.

We drove down Friday night - just managed to get dinner at Watermans. During the winter they close at 8:30 and we got there at 8:15, just enough time to pick our drinks and some much needed warm food.

Next morning we did our last minute food shopping - bundled up on cloths and left Rock Hall about 10:30.

Robbin all bundled up and ready to leave ..

Photobucket

Heading out ..

Photobucket

We actually got to sail .. well for about an hour. After heading the boat north towards the CD canal and that's where the wind was directly coming from, ended up motor sailing.

Photobucket

Robbin doing a great job of steering and staying warm.
Photobucket

At least it was sunny!

Photobucket

Now entering the CD Canal on our way to Chesapeake City...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Got to Chesapeake City and I promised Robbin a nice dinner- but first the dinghy! I brought this dinghy and engine used a couple of months ago and never used it. Did inflated it once and it was fine so here goes, She inflated great and then we put the engine on and I spent a good deal of time pulling that damn cord. She finally started but I can't say that she ran very well.

Photobucket

Actually paid a boat yard to service this engine for $300.00 - One of my winter projects- learn how to rebuild a 2-stroke engine. thankfully it was only about a 100 yard ride to the dingy dock, and have to say it was a funny trip but we made it.

Photobucket

Robbin did some much needed shopping and we had a nice dinner at the Southside Bar and Grill.

Next morning there was a slight dusting of snow on the boat - it was 29 degrees outside and about 50 inside. A much needed warm breakfast- and then on our way by 7.

Photobucket

Robbin being shy in the morning- cute photo with Chesapeake city and bridge in the background.

Photobucket

After a couple hours going down the CD we finally entered the Delaware River just north of the Salem Nuclear power plant- such an ominous site with these clouds!

Photobucket

It was a long cold and slow day up the river- we where against the tide the whole time which really slowed us down. Hoping to be at the marina by 3 but that was wishful thinking. We finally arrived at Philly around 4.

Photobucket

But because of daylight savings time we gained an hour of sleep but lost an hour of precious daylight.

Photobucket

Sunset at the Ben Franklin bridge and we still had 9 miles to go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally arrived at the entrance to Riverside around 6:30 but I forgot how shallow it gets at low tide and we where there about an hour after. Got stuck in shallow water 4 times, waited until the water finally got a little deeper and then with much luck and a lot of help from Robbin got to our marine at 8:30.

Check out additional photos in the Gallery section of this blog and thanks for reading.



Comments
Vessel Name: Kodachrome
Vessel Make/Model: Nassau 34
Crew: Roland
Kodachrome's Photos - Main
Building my new bowsprit
9 Photos
Created 25 November 2013
Finally got launched and back in the water
4 Photos
Created 5 August 2013
Photos of the process of making my molded instrument panel for the cockpit
9 Photos
Created 22 February 2013
First couple of repairs
4 Photos
Created 9 December 2011
From Rock Hall to Riverside our late fall trip
16 Photos
Created 7 November 2011

Who: Roland