No more leaky mast
04 January 2009 | Vero Beach Mooring, FL
78*, sunny and calm
Sunday, Vero Beach Anchorage
It was a nice quiet day on the mooring. We spent the day working on the mast - stripping off the tape, cleaning off the silicon sealer, loosening then centering the mast and finally building the mold to put the Spartite into the mast collar. Theoretically this will seal the mast so we don't have a leaky mast. It will also help to keep it in the correct position. It seems like whenever we hit choppy water the mast wedges come out, so with the Spartite we shouldn't have this problem anymore. The directions read that it was a couple of hours job. It turned out to be a 4-hour job, with all the prep to get it ready. Overall it went pretty smoothly. In the picture I posted, it's the blue jell looking material sitting on/in the mast collar. Today was a perfect day to do it, not much wave action and very little wind to move the boat or mast so that the seal doesn't break. I may be able to keep my pans where they belong now when it rains, and my hand towels can be used for... well - hand towels as opposed to mopping up rainwater. LOL.
It feels weird to be caught up on my blog again, but right now we've got the generator going to charge up the batteries, so it's the perfect time to get on my computer and use the wireless. Tomorrow hopefully we can get to the wind generator.
Work, work, work...
Made pork chops for dinner with left over spaghetti and a small salad. Wayne said "it's to much - but - he ate it all LOL