Kristinly

38' Island Packet cutter rigged sailboat - sailed 20,000 nautical miles from New England to the Bahamas. Now with new owners Tim & Susan Tiefenbach

17 June 2013 | Mallets Bay, VT
05 July 2012 | West Pont, NY
02 July 2012 | Brigantine Shoals near Little Egg Inlet, NJ
30 June 2012 | Reedy Island, Delaware River
26 June 2012 | Antipoison Creek, VA
23 June 2012 | Burlington, VT
28 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
27 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
26 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
25 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
24 March 2012 | South of Norfolk, VA
23 March 2012 | Elizabeth City, NC
22 March 2012 | Cedar Creek, NC
21 March 2012 | Wrightsville Beach, NC
20 March 2012 | Little River, NC
18 March 2012 | South Santee River, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
16 March 2012 | NE of Savannah, GA

Pungo River, NC near Belhaven, NC N35° 34.056' W76° 28.877'

08 June 2008 | 35 34.056N 76 28.877W
Randy
I have been out of touch the last couple of days because I had no cell service. I had not expected this, and after not being in touch with Nikki the way we normally do for two days, she contacted the Coast Guard, who reached me by radio, and then let her know I was safe. I should have contacted her in some way, like via the Coast Guard so she wouldn't have had to worry. I am sick about causing her to worry so - sorry Nikki! I will do that in the future if/when that happens again. The good news is we know the system works and the Coast Guard did their job, and all is well. It is really comforting to know they are out there.

Over the last couple of days, I have been anchored in a place called Mile Hammock Bay near Jacksonville, NC N34° 33.051' W77° 19.492' on Friday 6 June, and in the South River south of New Bern, NC N34° 58.313' W76° 34.929' Saturday 7 June. I met some really great folks Friday night: Dean and Susan on Autumn Bourne and Glen and Dorothy on Dot's Way. They invited me over for cocktails Friday night and we travelled together yesterday. I did get a picture of Dean and Susan, so to Rolanda and folks who keep giving me crap about not including pictures of PEOPLE, here is one. Did not have the camera Friday night so missed Glen and Dorothy, so maybe another day.

I have been motor sailing most of the way since being in the ICW with SW winds. Making very good time, averaging a little better than 6 kts/hr. I crossed a milestone today in that I am more than 1,000 nautical miles from Key West from where I started the return trip north. I actually pulled up short today earlier than planned due to a forest fire, of all things. The winds are blowing the smoke across my intended route, and while I can travel that way, they say visibility is reduced to less than 3 miles, and I would have had to anchor somewhere in the middle of that. Not wanting to smell that all night, I elected to anchor here tonight and will push through the smoke tomorrow and get on the other side of the fire.

Lastly, I pulled a real Kruml right after I dropped the hook today. I sprayed down the cockpit as it was getting grimy and with wet bare feet, was going down below and slipped on the top step and flew down the companionway. I initially thought I broke my right heel, but I think it is fine. Going to have one hell of a bruise though. All in the day of being a Kruml ...
Comments
Vessel Name: Kristinly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 38, hull #83
Hailing Port: Mallets Bay, VT
Crew: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary

Kristinly

Who: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary
Port: Mallets Bay, VT