Kristinly

38' Island Packet cutter rigged sailboat - sailed 20,000 nautical miles from New England to the Bahamas. Now with new owners Tim & Susan Tiefenbach

17 June 2013 | Mallets Bay, VT
05 July 2012 | West Pont, NY
02 July 2012 | Brigantine Shoals near Little Egg Inlet, NJ
30 June 2012 | Reedy Island, Delaware River
26 June 2012 | Antipoison Creek, VA
23 June 2012 | Burlington, VT
28 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
27 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
26 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
25 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
24 March 2012 | South of Norfolk, VA
23 March 2012 | Elizabeth City, NC
22 March 2012 | Cedar Creek, NC
21 March 2012 | Wrightsville Beach, NC
20 March 2012 | Little River, NC
18 March 2012 | South Santee River, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
16 March 2012 | NE of Savannah, GA

Antipoison Creek inside Fleets Bay, VA N37° 37.850' W76° 20.346'

15 October 2008 | 37 37.850N 76 20.346W
Randy
How is that for a name? ANTIPOISON CREEK! Travelled 50 nm today with almost dead calm conditions. Another beautiful day weather-wise, but the biting flies are back. Amazing how the emergence of a fly swatter and they mostly disappear. Stopped short of Saluda today since it was longer than I wanted to travel, but mostly because I missed the high tide which I need to be able to get into the boat yard to haul out. And thank you to all of the smart asses out there who spotted and pointed out my typo on yesterday's update: "hallow" vs. shallow.

Having an issue with the engine - the last couple of mornings, after sitting all night, it acts like it is flooded and takes a long time to start and when it does, belches out an incredible amount of diesel smoke. I wasn't sure it was going to start at all this morning. Fuel filters are new and fuel in the sediment bowl looks good, so maybe it is the injectors. It runs fine all day long after it is started. Any of you out there with an idea of what is going on, I am all ears. Hope she starts in the morning.

Here are a few pics today, including a few more of the show that Nikki took and sent to me last night. Her camera that takes panoramic shots is really cool and the one of the boat show gives a better sense of the scope of this show. There is more not captured in this photo. The fish stakes shot was interesting in that somebody put these up right in the middle of the channel to the entrance to Antipoison Creek. Free enterprise at work here. What I don't know is if this is a trap (my guess) or actually a fish farm where they are raising fish to be harvested. Does anybody know the answer to this? I need to find a local to ask. Note the netting across the top of the water to keep the cormorants from diving in to get the fish!

And for those of you who know the limerick about the man from Nantucket, you will appreciate the fact that I got more laughs out of that shirt than anything I have EVER worn in public. Those who don't, you can either Google it or ask me and I will share - not necessarily fit for general consumption!
Comments
Vessel Name: Kristinly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 38, hull #83
Hailing Port: Mallets Bay, VT
Crew: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary

Kristinly

Who: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary
Port: Mallets Bay, VT