Kristinly

38' Island Packet cutter rigged sailboat - sailed 20,000 nautical miles from New England to the Bahamas. Now with new owners Tim & Susan Tiefenbach

17 June 2013 | Mallets Bay, VT
05 July 2012 | West Pont, NY
02 July 2012 | Brigantine Shoals near Little Egg Inlet, NJ
30 June 2012 | Reedy Island, Delaware River
26 June 2012 | Antipoison Creek, VA
23 June 2012 | Burlington, VT
28 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
27 March 2012 | Deltaville, VA
26 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
25 March 2012 | Hampton, VA
24 March 2012 | South of Norfolk, VA
23 March 2012 | Elizabeth City, NC
22 March 2012 | Cedar Creek, NC
21 March 2012 | Wrightsville Beach, NC
20 March 2012 | Little River, NC
18 March 2012 | South Santee River, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
17 March 2012 | Charleston, SC
16 March 2012 | NE of Savannah, GA

Cambridge Cay, Bahamas N24° 19.488' W76° 33.901’

05 March 2009 | 24 19.488N 76 33.901W
Randy
We moved all of 3 nm south 4 March and anchored just outside of the mooring field here at Cambridge Cay. John Ray was here the night before, and we, along with Sol Surfin' moved in around noon. Very secure anchorage, although there is quite a bit of current outside of the mooring field, making things a bit lumpy when the boat gets turned abeam to the wind by the current.

We had hoped to go to the Rocky Dundas in the afternoon, about 1 nm south, to snorkel in two caves there. Gary and Celeste even offered us a couple of extra wet suits they had, but the rains moved in and the winds picked up to 20 - 25 kts, so we gave up the idea and settled for a spirited game of Catch Phrase on Sol Surfin'. It was the men against the women, with Steve and Michelle also involved, and I have to say, the men kicked the girls' ass 3 out of 4. We wound up eating dinner there as well and came back to Kristinly about 2000. LOTS of fun - can't wait to do it again!


Nikki and I are trying to get back into a regular workout routine. She hasn't done that since she arrived, and I haven't touched the weights since Thanksgiving. So we started our morning with a workout, and I know I will be hurting a bit for a week or so, but it already feels good. We took Spike and Rocky ashore after breakfast and the workout to a little island that is awash at high tide, which meant we could turn them loose without their leashes inside the Exumas Park, and they love that. After lunch, it was off to the island of Cambridge Cay and a hike along trails on the Exuma Sound side (east). This is incredibly rugged countryside, but also very beautiful. Watching the waves splash against the cliff is mesmerizing.

With the winds continuing to be very strong out of the NNE, it is doubtful we will get to snorkel Rocky Dundas anytime soon, so we will plan to move to Compass Cay tomorrow. That is another very short hop (about 3 nm), so hope we may get to see the caves at Rocky Dundas in the morning at low slack tide around 1000 before we weigh anchor. If not, we will try to catch them on the return trip north next month.
Comments
Vessel Name: Kristinly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 38, hull #83
Hailing Port: Mallets Bay, VT
Crew: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary

Kristinly

Who: Captain Randy Kruml, 1st Mate Nikki St Mary
Port: Mallets Bay, VT