La Aventura with Patti & James

06 July 2018 | Faial Island –Atlantic Portugal
24 June 2018 | National Holiday day in Faial
22 June 2018 | afternoon whale watching boat trip
20 June 2018 | an enjoyable day trip to another island.
19 June 2018 | Fabulous Faial. – Azorean Island
18 June 2018 | Faial Island – Horta Harbour - Mid Atlantic
29 May 2018 | Mid Atlantic - in the middle of nowhere
26 May 2018 | the cruising yachtsman’s haven
25 May 2018 | party day in Hamilton
10 May 2018 | Vero Beach/Ft Pierce –road trip to Jacksonville.
12 April 2018 | Vibeke onboard
17 March 2018 | lovely to return to Belize and Mexico and meet up with sailing friends along the way
24 January 2018 | I have become so interested in Guatemala textiles
17 January 2018 | So great to catchup with so many friends and our families
01 November 2017 | what a wonderful Guatemalan fiesta to experience
29 October 2017 | Volcanic crater
28 October 2017 | Antiqua - Guatemala

Dirt dwellers – no sailing

13 April 2016 | UK on the medical roundabout
La Aventura at Green Cove Springs Boatyard – Northern Florida.
IMAGE: looking forward to our onboard life again soon


Well not so good news. We are in the UK. After 10 years Breast Cancer has returned!!

In 2006 I had the whole deal- left breast mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. All the follow-up appointments went well and 5 years ago I was signed off as 'normal'. I never gave any re-occurrence any thought - why would I - James and I were sailing and travelling, enjoying our lifestyle, and making the most of every day.

Whilst in Australia in January I had the opportunity to have a general screening mammogram - but not good news. Problem in the right breast- but VERY early stage.

James & I decided to mothball La Aventura at Green Cove Springs Boatyard Northern Florida near Jacksonville and return to St Barts Hospital here in London for what was ahead.

We arrived back in the UK on 5th March - and its been a full-on medical roundabout since then.

The specialist consultant I am seeing has been very good AND very thorough. Although I feel and bit like a pin cushion with all the test etc. I am now confirmed to have a mastectomy on 26th April. Chemo, Radiotherapy etc will only be confirmed after the operation and breast tissue is fully examined.

I hope this blog post does not blow you away - we will be fine. I am in good hands here at Barts Hospital and in the end of the day I just have to deal with whatever come my way.

I have James here by my side to look after me and I just need to get through this again and then get on with our wonderful foot loose and fancy free lifestyle.

Thought for the day - make the most of every day and every way!!

Comments
Vessel Name: La Aventura
Crew: James & Patti

Who: James & Patti