Lady Liv in the Caribbean

02 March 2012 | Clifton Harbour, Union Island.
01 March 2012 | Moliniere Point, Grenada
24 February 2012 | Between Carriacou & Grenada
22 February 2012 | Tobago Cays, Grenadines
20 February 2012 | Hillsborough, Carriacou
19 February 2012 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
18 February 2012 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
13 February 2012 | Marigot Bay, St Lucia
06 February 2012 | Port Louis Marina, St Georges
05 February 2012 | Grand Anse, Grenada
31 January 2012 | Petite Martinique
26 January 2012 | Baradal Island, Tobago Cays
22 January 2012 | Petit Tabac, Tobago Cays
16 January 2012 | Sandy Island, Carriacou
12 January 2012 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
10 January 2012 | Sandy Island, Carriacou
05 January 2012 | Clifton Harbour, Union Island.
01 January 2012 | Petit St Vincent, Grenadines.
28 December 2011 | Young Island Cut, St Vincent
27 December 2011 | Young Island Cut, St Vincent

Cumberland Bay

29 March 2010 | Cumberland Bay, St Vincent
www.ladylivyachtcharter.com
Cumberland Bay .. a newly found treasure
In the constant search for new and different anchorages to share with our guests, we decided to head north, braving squally downpours and 33 knot winds to reach the complete peace and calm of Cumberland Bay. St Vincent has received some bad press in recent years, particularly where yacht visitors are concerned with the emphasis on security issues, attacks on boats, etc. Cumberland Bay has had a few incidents of its own, and it is sad now to watch the scores of yachts heading straight down the coast on the north-south route between the Grenadines and St Lucia, without stopping in any of the Vincy anchorages. So after a recommendation from Makayabella, we felt it was time to check it out for ourselves. We were helped to anchor stern-to the beach, and were capably tied to a palm tree by Joseph the Rasta (not to be confused with Joseph the Fish !). We were also immediately bowled over by the beauty and serenity of this amazing place - crystal clear water, high cliffs against a valley backdrop of the greenest green, fronted by a palm-lined beach. A handful of other boatboys/line handlers came over to introduce themselves and offer the usual limes, fish, fruit etc., and were charming and polite even when refused. This was somewhere that we felt instantly at home. That evening we visited Mojitos restaurant & bar, just along the beach, for .. yes, you guessed it, a Mojito. Actually, we had two - and M didn't have much of a memory the following morning! One of the locals approached us and asked if we had a dinghy pump as they were trying to repair their dinghy - whereupon Bob found himself supervising the repair of quite a large hole with a couple of locals, with our own repair kit. Our visit to Cumberland also included taking about six of the local children out for a dinghy trip around the bay, snorkelling some amazing coral heads, a long dinghy trip down the coast to find a cashpoint, followed by the hairiest scariest bus trip to the next village to fill up the gas tank (petrol) because we'd come so far that we were short for the trip back to Cumberland ! Oh yes, and cheap water fill-up and a great laundry - just loads of reasons to revisit Cumberland with our friends and guests onboard.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lady Liv
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau 43DS
Hailing Port: London
Crew: Bob and Marion
About:
Very experienced captain & crew with extensive cruising knowledge of Eastern Caribbean, from Trinidad through Windward Islands to Leewards. [...]
Lady Liv's Photos - Main
Blog images
73 Photos
Created 18 January 2012
Charter guests, friends and fellow sailors that we've spent time with in the Caribbean in 2010
11 Photos
Created 26 April 2010
Images through the islands of the Eastern Caribbean
27 Photos
Created 26 April 2010