Aboard Lagniappe

Port: Kemah, TX
17 June 2009
16 June 2009
13 June 2009 | Port Aransas to Rockport
11 June 2009
08 June 2009
07 June 2009 | Freeport, TX
06 June 2009 | Kemah - Galveston
05 June 2009
31 May 2009 | Kemah, TX
27 April 2009
15 March 2009

Offats Bayou, then home...

19 June 2009
We left Harbor Walk about noon for the short motor over to Offats Bayou. Upon arrival, we dropped the dink and motored over to Longhawk who was anchored about 300 feet away. We used an anchor sail that had been given to us by our friends on 'August Crow', the difference was amazing. We saw Longhawk put up theirs and after seeing the difference it made in how much they swung from side to side, we were convinced that it was worth rigging it... We were right.

After a swim and a few beers, we dinked back to the boat to clean up for dinner. After a shower, I was chilling in the cockpit when I noticed a new sailboat in the anchorage. And then I noticed it was drifting down on Longhawk. I tried the radio first, and then resorted to the cell phone. He welcomed the call although I think he was asleep, but was soon on deck to fend off the boat if needed. Luckily it passed astern and wasn't a problem.

Then we met again on Longhawk for a great dinner and a visit with a friend Sam had made on a previous trip who had a home on Offats. It was great to meet them and they were kind enough to allow me to dingy over to their house after the visit and let Boudreaux do his business in their back yard.

It was a great evening, with perfect weather. We all got a bit too cool sleeping in the V with the windscoop up.

So this morning was out first anchorage out with the dog. I had the dink ready, and we were all up early, so around 6:30 Boudreaux and I are off to find a place for him to do his business. We ended up at the Moody Garden's Boat docks which are still closed from IKE damage. But they were fine for what he needed once I got past the many signs saying Keep Off! We really had no other options. He was having none of it. So we leave Offats this morning with him having not dealt with any of his business since 9:30 last night.

Somehow he made it till we got home about 2:00 this afternoon.

Today was another great day. Sunny, warm, nice winds out of the south. We've been blessed with great weather, and feel that we've taken full advantage of it.

A great trip with great friends...
Comments
Vessel Name: Lagniappe
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 423
Hailing Port: Kemah, TX

Port: Kemah, TX